Z8 MYTVOnline 2 does not load channels but can access VOD section of Sub - All live channels shows Black screen only

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • I have the same issue. Everything works ok but when I switch some channels it will go black and then I just get black for all other channels. Everything is ok on the Z7+ in the kitchen and on Smarters on my iPad so it is definitely a mol2 issue. I installed the beta now but still the same.

• Not fixed in the update. I still get the black screen after viewing for a couple of hours. Have to leave it unplugged for a few minutes to get it working again. I was hoping that this would be fixed with the latest update. I don’t have this issue with MOL on my K7+.

• Definitely not fixed. It's alternating for me between black screen after watching for a while or getting blacklisted for flooding the server.

It's really annoying and there are at least 5 open threads reporting on both of these problems on the forum - can we please get some kind of update whether this is being looked into or fixed soon? It's really annoying that we have to use other (inferior) apps to watch live channels just because of a bug with MOL2. These bugs have been there since the release and has been reported even before the betas started rolling out.

• Exactly the same problem.I also keep getting the same message on my tv screen saying 'Mytvonline has stopped' or 'Mytvonlinekeepsstopping'

VOD seems to be working alright though.

I also sometimes get a blank screen and when I hit the EPG bitton on my Formuler Remote,I just see a small black screen window in the top left corner and everythong else is purple and blank.

Is this a Portal issue?

• Hundreds different providers out in the world with different content, settings, resources and the box must work with all of them, not easy to cover all. Only the bigger one, let me say: use same standard and with this works the box fine.

How ever, the problem is always same. If user have issues like in this thread, the devs. need same line for test, to find and reproduce the issue under same condition, otherwise it is impossible to find solution. Devs. need same line as trial for test, so the reporters should contact me or 175n trough pm and proceed detailed information. Thx.

Qnyx

Could you help out with trial from same provider?

Sanat376

Factory reset your second box and install all new. False formatted USB Sticks or installed Apps with strange behaviour can also produce such problems.

But this should be discuss in one thread and not shared over few threads. See other thread with my answer.

• The problem is that this issue is not apparent in MOL1. My K7+ works perfectly with the same provider so it is clearly and issue with MOL2 app. To blame provider settings is clearly a cheap way out when the original app does not have the same issue. This needs to be fixed quickly. I bought this box for MOL2 and it’s next to useless.

• Any update on the black channel problem? Still facing this several times a day, I keep paying for two providers so I can switch between when one 'breaks'. It's very annoying and is the only problem I have with the box, everything else is great.

• I am also having this issue. I cannot connect to my suppliers portal. Sometimes i can connect but i can only see EPG data, no image. Same with VOD, i can see it, but it will not load.

I have confirmed the issue is not with my supplier, but definitely MyTVOL2

• I’d like an update on this please. It’s been a problem since the box was launched and nothing has been done to remedy this. There are numerous people with the same problem but no feedback from formuler on a fix. Got rid of a perfectly good *** box for this and I keep having to reboot router and box several times a day.

• Still no update on this problem? Still having to pay for two providers just to get around this.

Don't want to have to get rid of the box because of this as when it works it's brilliant but I feel may have to as it literally happens every time I zap through a few channels which makes it practically unusable.

It does this on 3 different providers I have tried, 2 of which are big ones.

• I'd be willing to bet that will be a symptom of blocking and censorship of you and/or your provider undertaken by your ISP

That’s what’s happening! I’ve got this problem as well. Easy fix: VPN! Bought the Z8, installed ExpressVPN, everything works like a charm!

Here in German Vodafone use Deutsche Telekom line and DT blocked the IPTV Line therefore you’ve two options:

• VPN

•Switch too another ISP who have it’s own line like Unitymedia in Germany.

• It would be nice if someone could tell us when this is getting fixed.

Install VPN, if doesn’t work immediately switch the VPN location once and you’re ready too go

• Switch your ISP (Internet Service Provider)! In Germany, if you will use IPTV DONT AUSE Vodafone nor Deutsche Telekom bcoz they blocked the line for IPTV!

• That’s what’s happening! I’ve got this problem as well. Easy fix: VPN! Bought the Z8, installed ExpressVPN, everything works like a charm!

Here in German Vodafone use Deutsche Telekom line and DT blocked the IPTV Line therefore you’ve two options:

• VPN

•Switch too another ISP who have it’s own line like Unitymedia in Germany.

Thisis not what's happening with me. No doubt about it this is a box problem.

I can make it happen on demand by quickly changing channel a lot or on VOD pressing the fast forward button 'too many' times trying to get to a certain point.

Sometimes it will just go black on its own after watching for a while but this is rare.

I have lots of friends with m*g boxes with the same provider and ISP and don't have these problems. One friend also has a Z7+ also same provider/ISP and had never had this happen.

I actually recommended the Z7+ instead of the Z8 to him as I've constantly been plagued by this on my Z8.