Ethernet connection issue (spec. UK)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

My brother has constant problems with stream blacking out in Thailand on Z8..he’s afraid to change channels once he has a working stream. He stopped using vpn because speed dropped from 600 to around 20. When everything stops working he says rebooting router gets live tv back. I was just wondering if toggling on/off ipv6 might help? It also could be that the Thai internet where he lives is just really unreliable. Any fix suggestions I could clue him in on would be great.

try to turn off ipv6 on the router and the z8 and try again

• Hi, I'm having massive problems and my provider is adamant the problem is my end. Using Formuler 8 with My TV online 2. I'm just getting a black screen but accurate text/channels. My provider insists I need a VPN modem, but i think he's wrong. I use Nord VPN, I've tried every setting I know, reset router, reset box, changed VPN etc. but I still have black screen (no channels work). I'm with BT and I'm thinking this may be the issue?

That being said, I've used my phones 4G and still nothing. I've only had this service for 3 weeks and it's continually playing up. BUT my friend has been using the same provider for 5 years and had no issues. Is it BT Hub?

PLEASE, any help greatly appreciated!!!

MANY thanks!!!

Boof

• Hi all and hi (Code IT) tried this but still having problems. I use a virgin media hub 2 might be upgrading soon to a 3 and bigger WiFi but for now. I use Ethernet connection for my Z8 pro like someoneon said on a previous comment the Ethernet connection with the z8 pro sucks. I am currently using wireless connection for the Z8 pro now . Yes I have also updated to the newest firmware. What I’m looking for is someone to help me with clear network Configurations for virgin hub 2. I also have nord vpn maybe black screens and intermittent freezes might stop thank you kindly in advance

• Official Post

In my case (Z8-Pro) it happens to lose the Internet connection for no reason...

Try with DNS change on Z8 -> Settings ->Network.

• Hi guys, Happy New Year!

My first post here, went through all these messages, haven't tried everything people say here but I'm going to explain what is happening with my Z8 Pro

• Model: Z8 pro
    • Firmware version: v1.6.7
    • Connection with provider: ethernet
    • Box connected with: directly or through a Dlink splitter, either way the problem is the same
    • Did you factory reset your device? and when?: yes, few times now, no success
    • What issue(s) are you having? ethernet keeps dropping every... 30 seconds, maybe 20 seconds, goes off, comes on, goes off, comes on, non stop
    • What have you tried if anything to rectify the issue? changed ethernet cables, connected it directly to the router on different ports, tried wifi, did a factory reset, turned off the router and turned on, re-started the router through the browser access ip
      updated firmware, also tried without updating firmware

z8 pro is about two years old, doesnt work much, I own a few of them which work a lot more without problems in UK but this one in Portugal is now being a problem hard to solve, have read a lot and not really finding a soluction, if anyone could help it is much appreciated, thank you in advance.
    • Official Post

What issue(s) are you having? ethernet keeps dropping every... 30 seconds, maybe 20 seconds, goes off, comes on, goes off, comes on, non stop

This seems typical DHCP problem with the router.

Solutions:

1. Deactivate Wifi if enabled.

2. Click on ethernet icon, in next menu click on IP and then on DHCP, execute once.

3. Or, you give your box permanently static ip, set in router and on box.

If this doesn`t help, factory reset could help if issue on box Ethernet or it`s something wrong with your Router.

Happy New Year.