Apple Magic Keyboard Bluetooth pairing issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I can't seem to connect an Apple Magic Keyboard to the Z8, it detects it fine, starts pairing but then it displays the attached information, and first I can't make sure that the **keyboard** displays a number, and even after clicking "Pair" button, it says that it can't connect due to incorrect pin and/or passkey.

When I click "Pair", I see some kind of white input moving down the screen, which maybe it the place I need to type those numbers.

I tried connecting other devices and it works, but not keyboards.

I have no problems connecting this keyboard to any other android device.

Can someone help ?

Thanks in advance.

• :smiling_face: No reply ?

Let me try to ask this in another way.

Has anyone tried to pair a bluetooth keyboard ? Did you face any problems ?

Yes and no.

I have an bluetooth keyboard that works with an usb.

I put the very small usb in the box.

I put keyboard on and it work direct.

But you connect it via the box and not thrue usb because you didnt have usb stick at your keyboard

• Hello, Slash

I confirm that the Apple Wireless Keyboard (maybe it is not the same version that you have) works with my Formuler Z8 via Bluetooth, of course.

• Thanks for your replies.

Yesterday I tried another bluetooth keyboard and I couldn't pair it, although the setup process is different than the one I mentioned in the first post.

I think I'll try to do a factory reset and will try again. I'll report back my findings, if any.

• After a few attempts, I was able to pair an Apple Wireless keyboard that still uses batteries, this went quite well.

The new Apple Magic Keyboard still doesn't work, I think this is a problem with these model of keyboards, I'll try to get another one from a friend and try to pair it. The fact that the pairing procedure is different tells me that there's some problems with it, it doesn't make sense for Android to check if the keyboard shows a PIN number :smiling_face:

Any advise on the above ?

• I'm using the latest Apple Magic Keyboard but did not try the bluetooth pairing as when I'm using it it is just for a few seconds and do not want to unpair from Macbook. So I just link it with lightning cable and it's working.

• I'm using the latest Apple Magic Keyboard but did not try the bluetooth pairing as when I'm using it it is just for a few seconds and do not want to unpair from Macbook. So I just link it with lightning cable and it's working.

Would you mind trying pairing it ? Unpairing and pairing with the Macbook is a straightforward process, and can be done in a few seconds. I'd really appreciate if you could try and add more data o confirm/disprove my theory that these keyboards are simply not working with Formuler :smiling_face:

Thanks in advance.

• I've experienced it with a Mi Box 3 and I had to unpair from Macbook to pair with Mi Box, then do the reverse… I do not like this process and it is way faster to link it with a cable that is always connected to my Formuler.

Anyway I've just tested pairing it with Formuler, says incorrect code PIN or passkey.

• I've experienced it with a Mi Box 3 and I had to unpair from Macbook to pair with Mi Box, then do the reverse… I do not like this process and it is way faster to link it with a cable that is always connected to my Formuler.

Anyway I've just tested pairing it with Formuler, says incorrect code PIN or passkey.

Thanks for trying :smiling_face: Happens to you the same way it happens to me.

SAM is there any chance that we can pass this on to Formuler to have it fixed in a future update ?

Thanks.

• Of course. Need full name of device/KB and year.

Apple Magic Keyboard

Manufacturer: Broadcom (0x5, 0x240C)

Firmware Version: 0x0066

Vendor ID: 0x004C

Product ID: 0x0267

Class of Device: 0x05 0x10 0x2540

Host Connectable: Yes

EDR Supported: Yes

eSCO Supported: No

SSP Supported: Yes

Year.. most probably (end of) 2017, that's when I bought the iMac that brought this keyboard along.

Hope this helps.

• Official Post

and even after clicking "Pair" button, it says that it can't connect due to incorrect pin and/or passkey.

What happens when you follow the steps below?

1. Put magic keyboard in discovery mode
    2. Z8 > Bluetooth > Add accessory
    3. Select Magic Keyboard
    4. Type the passkey shown on the TV screen on the keyboard and press ENTER
    5. Press the pair button that is shown on the TV screen

Also, what is the behavior when you try to pair this keyboard with a Windows 10 PC?

• What happens when you follow the steps below?

3. Select Magic Keyboard
    4. Type the passkey shown on the TV screen on the keyboard and press ENTER
    5. Press the pair button that is shown on the TV screen

Also, what is the behavior when you try to pair this keyboard with a Windows 10 PC?

I've done this procedure at least a dozen of times to no avail. I always get the couldn't pair, invalid pin or passkey message.

I don't have Windows 10 PC to test on, but I tested on other 3 android phones different brands and models and 2 Macs and I was able to pair it at first attempt.

• Official Post

No. No passkey is required to be typed.

Can you try the following steps?

Please note the order of operations has changed.

3. Select Magic Keyboard
    4. Press the pair button that is shown on the TV screen
    5. Immediately type the passkey shown on the TV screen on the keyboard and press ENTER

This is a proposed solution on stackexchange for a similar issue:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/342588

• Can you try the following steps?

Please note the order of operations has changed.

3. Select Magic Keyboard
    4. Press the pair button that is shown on the TV screen
    5. Immediately type the passkey shown on the TV screen on the keyboard and press ENTER

This is a proposed solution on stackexchange for a similar issue:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/a/342588

Sure, I'll try it later in the evening.

But as far as I remember, as soon as I press "Pair" button on the screen, it shows that message about not being able to pair already.

Anyway, I'll give it a go later on and will let you know the results.

Thanks