Usb recording

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys,

Totally brand new with this z8 box so please bear with me ,

I’ve owned it for approx 2 hours, it’s set up, suppliers url is running and all’s fine .

The issue I’ve got is regarding usb recording , I’ve connected a 1Tb hard drive through the usb 3.0 port, went into settings and formatted it for storage .

But when I test recorded it on a random channel, nothing popped up on screen saying it’s recording or anything, and when I went on the list of recorded things through the remote it’s saying nothing is there ?

I’m wondering if the 1Tb is too large ?

The annoying thing for me is, I set off for the airport in 3 hours so havnt much time to mess about it until I return in a week .

But if it’s a simple option I haven ticked in settings or something I could try before I go.

Also, is recording of Iptv channels supplier dependent, if they don’t have that function then I can’t record regardless ?

Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but to be honest I am 8o

Cheers guys :thumbup:

• Hi,

check this post and follow the text and picture -> which USB key is recommended for recording ?

• Thanks Sam , I’ll install that app when I return.

I’ve tried again, I pressed record and the recording counter came up top right of screen.... fantastic I thought .

I stopped the recording after 20 seconds .

I then went to view what I’d recorded, but again...nothing is there ?

Anyway, thanks again, I’ll reformat the drive the way you described and try again .

:thumbup:

• How many logical partitions exist on the HDD?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I wouldn’t know 175n sorry, all I done was ...

I had an external 1TB drive, I connected it to a laptop and used the windows 10 to format it, it said something like full format or quick format,

I went full format.... which took forever !

I just then connected the drive via usb 3.0 cable and port to the z8.

I’m in Benidorm at the moment and not back until this coming Sunday , so can’t mess on with it until then .

Thanks for asking the question though :thumbup: