Official Firmware 1.2.71 / MyTVOnline 1.9.71 for Zx, Z7+, Zx 5G and Z7+ 5G

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• It is working now with my 24" monitor soon to be 55"

glad for you that you can watch tv

Maybe next upgrade will fix it but to impatient to wait.i was going to wait for the TV to die since it is 17 years old. Bought another Panasonic which they do not sell in the states. Better than LG or Samsung in the same price range.

In future for you:

Tip: wait for install an upgrade.

Read in the next week on this forum or there problems are with an update.

If not, you can install it😀

• Official Post

160bpma

Today i took over i hour to test Timeshift and try to reproduce reported.

Test:

XC with login and url

Box Z7+

3 different USB sticks formatted with rufus tool and NTFS

4 different channels for example

1080p/60hz resolution

From over 1 hour timeshift and pressing almost 100+ pause button and play again, there was only two times where timeshift video skipped 4-7 sec. forward. Reason for this? Don`t know, maybe lag or some synchro problem with saving and playing again. How ever, i think should be tested from devs. will report this to the devs.

All other pause and play works fine. Sometimes the timeline shows 1sec. back and sometime 1-2 sec. forward but the video starts almost always from same point. Even 9min. pause and play again went fine.

Please try to format your USB Stick with rufus tool and test again -> How to format Micro SD card, USB flash drive, pen drive, hard drive or SSD for use with Z and S Boxes.

• Thanks for the testing and sending it to the Devs. 4-7 sec skipping seems nothing, but in those seconds a actor can say something very serious that is important.. :smiling_face: I will do the format tool and see what happen

• Hi

Since the update a lot of people I have sold the box to are having issues where the channels are dropping to black screen and there having to restart the box a lot to get connection back

Will this be fixed ASAP

I have this exact same problem. I have two boxes and have held off with updating one for this exact reason. I've done a hardware/software reset and the problem still persists.

It usually lasts for an hour or so, then it black screens and I have to reboot the box with a long press on the power button. Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks. Just for clarity, the 2nd box without the latest update works fine with the same provider.

• The problem crashing to the home menu when changing channels or from group is still happening.

• I have this exact same problem. I have two boxes and have held off with updating one for this exact reason. I've done a hardware/software reset and the problem still persists.

It usually lasts for an hour or so, then it black screens and I have to reboot the box with a long press on the power button. Can anybody shed any light on this? Thanks. Just for clarity, the 2nd box without the latest update works fine with the same provider.

I get this evening also black screens on some channels.

Isnt it a provider problem?

Edited once, last by Lucky133 (May 8, 2019 at 11:45 PM).

• I went back to the mol version before the last one.

I tested the channel who were black screens on the newest update.

Conclusion: Its a provider problem at my side. Also with the older mol i had black screens.

So i updated back to the last version of mol again yet.

Edited once, last by Lucky133 (May 8, 2019 at 11:45 PM).

• I get this evenigh also black screens on some channels.

Isnt it a provider problem?

I think I've narrowed it down to LAN port. Although it's only started happening since the update. My downstairs box is wired in to the LAN port. The box upstairs is WiFi and is not affected.

I swapped the boxes around and the black screens started on the un-updated box. So I've unplugged it and put a WiFi booster near the box to get a better reception (it wasn't strong enough before) With WiFi, the box has been up without problem for over 2 hours. Looks like it is the LAN port that is the problem.

• I think I've narrowed it down to LAN port. Although it's only started happening since the update. My downstairs box is wired in to the LAN port. The box upstairs is WiFi and is not affected.

I swapped the boxes around and the black screens started on the un-updated box. So I've unplugged it and put a WiFi booster near the box to get a better reception (it wasn't strong enough before) With WiFi, the box has been up without problem for over 2 hours. Looks like it is the LAN port that is the problem.

There's definitely an issue with the last 2 main release updates (last week and today's) and connecting via the ethernet port.

Like you I keep getting a black screen due to loss of Internet connection.

I connect via homeplug and never had any issues until the recent updates. Now the Internet connection keeps dropping and each time I need to go in to the ethernet settings on the box and click 'automatic' dhcp to establish the Internet connection, despite continuing to be connected to the local network, with a local ip address. Only the 'connected to Internet' status keeps dropping and switching to No, sometimes every 10 mins, other times it can be good for up to an hour and then suddenly drop.

When this happens if I click automatic dhcp, then click OK, then I have to go back in to the ethernet settings, only then does it connect back to the Internet, it doesn't connect when I just click automatic dhcp, I need to make sure I click OK and then go back in to ethernet settings to establish the Internet connection again. However, this is only a temp fix as it will then drop out again after a period of time.

I didn't have any issues before the main release of the update. The beta was fine also as far as I can remember.

I've been using the ethernet homeplug from the time I've had the box and had no issues until now.

Any chance this can be fixed soon?

• Always make a static ip!

This helps alot

• Update works perfect, but the system time is wrong. I only have the Option to choose "europe" and the city in my time Zone. But the time is wrong several hours and there is no opion to set the time manually.

Das Update läuft gut, aber die Systemzeit ist falsch. Man kann in den Einstellungen auch nur den Kontinent und die Stadt auswählen. Dort gibt es keine Möglichkeit die Zeit einzustellen.

• Update works perfect, but the system time is wrong. I only have the Option to choose "europe" and the city in my time Zone. But the time is wrong several hours and there is no opion to set the time manually.

Das Update läuft gut, aber die Systemzeit ist falsch. Man kann in den Einstellungen auch nur den Kontinent und die Stadt auswählen. Dort gibt es keine Möglichkeit die Zeit einzustellen.

If you go to settingswheel.

En then go to date and time.

You choose europe.

En try al the cities.

If you press ok on a city the time change direct.

Then push the back button for another city.

Try it my friend

• Always make a static ip!

This helps alot

Thanks but I've tried this but it still keeps dropping the internet connection.

In fact it's been even worse today, so much so it drops out before I can even connect to a portal. Static or automatic. So keeps disconnecting within 20 seconds now.

In my mind there's clearly an issue with the recent releases. I've had the box over a year and not had any issue like this with this current setup until these last main releases. Even the beta worked fine.

Any idea if we can identify the problem to help get it fixed? WiFi isn't an option for me, I'm too far from my router.

Chrs

• If I'm honest Lurch I don't have time in my life to be messing about with this sort of thing. I think I'll just buy a different box and if it goes ok, I'll just flog the formulers on and have done with it.

I paid near £100 each for the Z7+ and as it stands, they're not really fit for purpose.

• If I'm honest Lurch I don't have time in my life to be messing about with this sort of thing. I think I'll just buy a different box and if it goes ok, I'll just flog the formulers on and have done with it.

I paid near £100 each for the Z7+ and as it stands, they're not really fit for purpose.

The boxes are fine.

I didnt have any big problems with it.

Normally everything problem can be solved.

Therefore is this forum.

A tip: Wait a week before you upgrade software. Read forum or there problems with are.

Every update at my place is going well through now...

• Thanks but I've tried this but it still keeps dropping the internet connection.

In fact it's been even worse today, so much so it drops out before I can even connect to a portal. Static or automatic. So keeps disconnecting within 20 seconds now.

In my mind there's clearly an issue with the recent releases. I've had the box over a year and not had any issue like this with this current setup until these last main releases. Even the beta worked fine.

Any idea if we can identify the problem to help get it fixed? WiFi isn't an option for me, I'm too far from my router.

Chrs

Are you from UK my friend? Because with SKY routers are problems and can be solved😀

• I have a Zx connected with ethernet through the electric wiring home plug (I also tried the wireless connection) and I agree with Lurch that there is a problem with the Network interfaces (both ethernet and wireless) dropping the internet connection sporadically at odd intervals. This has been happenning since I got the Zx box last October and the screen would show the "loading" wheel and I had to go to settings to activate my internet connection . I have applied the 2 recent updates and the problem persisted with the internet connection dropping but the screen stopped showing the turning wheel just the picture would freeze until I reactivate the connection. I think this is a bug in the formuler Z series that need to be addressed very soon else I will switch to another brand.

• Official Post

I have a Zx connected with ethernet through the electric wiring home plug (I also tried the wireless connection) and I agree with Lurch that there is a problem with the Network interfaces (both ethernet and wireless) dropping the internet connection sporadically at odd intervals. This has been happenning since I got the Zx box last October and the screen would show the "loading" wheel and I had to go to settings to activate my internet connection . I have applied the 2 recent updates and the problem persisted with the internet connection dropping but the screen stopped showing the turning wheel just the picture would freeze until I reactivate the connection. I think this is a bug in the formuler Z series that need to be addressed very soon else I will switch to another brand.

Which country?

Which ISP?

• Which country?

Which ISP?

Canada / Ottawa

Primus (using the Rogers network)

One additional thing I failed to mention is that I have a M*g 254 connected also through ethernet (directly plugged) to the modem in another room (with a different iptv provider- g**tv) and the only time that box chokes is when there are source issues from the channel itself. It never drops the internet connection. I have thought that the DLink home electric wiring ethernet adapter is the problem but I've switched the M*G with the formuler and the issue remained with the internet connection in the formuler getting dropped at different intervals. I also have made the ethernet connection static ip and set the mytvonline buffer time to the MAX 10 seconds and disabled Time shift with no improvement. (My iptv provider is - ip g**s)

I hope the formuler technical support are working on a patch to fix this chronic issue.