Information sent to MAC portal for identification

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Obviously the MAC ("ID") is sent, but what other bits of info does MOL2 send for identification during portal connection?

MAC + SN? + DEVICE_ID? + ??

I'm looking to share (not at the same time) a MAC sub between my z8 and stbemu.

After subscribing to service with my z8 "ID", I tested with stbemu and it was working fine (sent only MAC from stbemu)

But after connecting to the same sub on my z8, stbemu no longer can connect (device not registered error).

So what exactly is MOL2 sending for a MAC sub connection?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by zaphod_99 ().

• You can not use one single sub with one line for MOL2 and another iptv app, this needs two lines in one sub or two different single subs.

Ask your provider what is all possible in your sub and how much lines are unlocked.

• With all due respect, that is simply not true from a technical perspective.

Now, if Formuler does this as a matter of policy, that's something else. That sucks IMO, but whatever, it's fine. Your software, your rules.

• With all due respect, that is simply not true from a technical perspective.

What is not true? That you register one sub with one mac and want to use it on two different mac`s. If your provider allow this, fine, but most of them not.

We don`t speak here about XC and m3u where you can share one link with more devices (not at the same time), we speak about portal and registered mac from one device with one sub, so please explain me what is possible and what not?

So what exactly is MOL2 sending for a MAC sub connection?

ID: 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx

• I'm not sure if anyone is interested in the answer, but for the sake of completeness, I will close the loop on this.

The answer is:

MAC + sn + device_id + device_id2 + signature + hw_version

I don't know if different subs ask for different bits or not, but for my sub (twinkle, twinkle, little ...) the above bits are what's required for authentication. I didn't see a way to get these values from my z8/MOL2, so I had to sniff them out.

Now I can use these values in stbemu, and my sub works on all my devices (z8, Mi Box, FireStick, phone)!

• Can you please elaborate where do you put this info on stbemu. I'm trying to use the same provider (one at a time) so I can test the functionality.

I can't seem to find out where to add it in stbemu.

• Can you please elaborate where do you put this info on stbemu. I'm trying to use the same provider (one at a time) so I can test the functionality.

I can't seem to find out where to add it in stbemu.

Go to:

Setting --> Profiles --> <your_profile_name> --> STB Configuration

The "Serial number" (sn) setting is there on this page, right below "MAC-address".

From this page, select "Device ID" which will take you another page. Check the "Send Device ID" and "Custom Device ID2 and signature" check boxes.

This will allow you to set device_id, device_id2, and signature.

Back on the "STB Configuration" page, select "Hardware settings", and fill in "Hardware version".

Hope this helps!

• Thanks so much. I'm trying to sniff out my device_id and device_id2 and signature with wireshark but can't seem to find the conversation. Did you use wireshark for conversation find?

• Yes I used wireshark on a Windows machine with 2 lan interfaces. 1 interface with internet connectivity and the 2nd interface directly connected to the LAN port on the z8. I turned on connection sharing (ICS) between the 2 windows lan interfaces so that the z8 can get an IP via DHCP. Then I started the capture on the z8 connected lan interface, connected to my portal on the z8, then stopped the capture once connected (probably on need a couple seconds of capture). Search for "device_id" in the captured packets and the values should be there.

• Yes I used wireshark on a Windows machine with 2 lan interfaces. 1 interface with internet connectivity and the 2nd interface directly connected to the LAN port on the z8. I turned on connection sharing (ICS) between the 2 windows lan interfaces so that the z8 can get an IP via DHCP. Then I started the capture on the z8 connected lan interface, connected to my portal on the z8, then stopped the capture once connected (probably on need a couple seconds of capture). Search for "device_id" in the captured packets and the values should be there.

Thanks I'll try it out today. I was listening in on Wifi and could find the IP on UDP but not TCP. Couldn't find out the details. I asked my provider and he gave me some details but not the device id/2 and Signature. The Idea of ICS and isolating the Z8 is a great idea. Thanks for the Info.

I must thank you in Gold for this information. I've followed your instructions and was successful in getting this information and make it to work. I did a backup on shield and then transferred the backup to laptop and copied and pasted the details.

sn=

device_id=

device_id2=

signature=

stb_type=

Thanks Again !!