ethernet port status not connected randomly

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

I'm new in this community and just bought a formuler Z8 to enjoy IPTV.

When i received my formuler Z8, I updated it with FIrmware v1.4.14 and IPTV v7.1.1 , i installed a VPN, Netflix, prime vidéo and KODI

Everythings worked fine with an ethernet connection during more than a month, but for an unknown reason i was not able to watch IPTV...

I verified the ethernet connection, and i saw "not connected" in the network status, I tried to connect another devices directly on my switc, like a laptop, a camera, a raspberry or a nas to be sure about the cable, and everything worked fine, so i connected the formuler Z8 and.... still on "not connected status" !?!

I tried to fix the IP in static mode with same results. My all others devices connected on ethernet and wifi continue to work fine, there is only the formuler in this case...

I decided to stop my research, and check it the next day. And when I restarted it , everything worked fine without change something... I was happy ... but the day after ... same issue...

For the moment, i did not dare to reset everything and setup it again

1- Is there an issue with the management of the ethernet card on this firmware ?

2- Should i continue to analyse my network and check why there is only the formuler says "Ethernet not connected" ?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Jerome

• Hi,

ISP : Orange

router brand and model : SAGEM Livebox 4 (P/N: 253601223)

connected on a switch : 3com 2824-SFP Plus

Regards,

Jerome

• Official Post

Try/test the following:

1. Check router settings and disable IPv6 on the LAN if enabled.

2. Connect Ethernet cable to Z8. Check link status lights on 3com switch. Is the link state active? Which link speed was negotiated with the switch? 1000M?

3. Connect Z8 using Ethernet direct shot to SAGEM router. Take the 3com switch out of the equation and retest.

• Hi 175n,

Information: I disabled IPV6 on routeur, results of my tests:

1st try: Ethernet connected from the switch to Formuler Z8

- after first start , only connected on wifi , ethernet is still "not connected"

- I used the "restart" feature available in the menu "Power", but i'm still always connected only via wifi with ethernet not connected, i tried 3 times...

- I used the "Power off" feature available in the menu "Power", restart the formuler Z8 using the remote, Ethernet is now connected and everything is ok.

On each tests, my IPTV worked fine with VPN activated

2nd try: I just removed power cable of the formuler Z8 and connected it to the sagem routeur directly, idea is to be as the same status of the first try

- after first start , only connected on wifi , ethernet is still "not connected"

- I used the "restart" feature available in the menu "Power", but i'm still always connected only via wifi with ethernet not connected, i tried 3 times...

- I used the "Power off" feature available in the menu "Power", restart the formuler Z8 using the remote, but Ethernet is still on "Not connected"

After lots of tests, I decided to connect it like it was when i setup it, and ethernet was connected !?!?

The formuler is connected via:

Sagem BOX -> Switch 3com -> to switch dlink POE -> Formuler Z8

As I said, it connects randomly, If i could have access on the logs , it should be fine to understand what's wrong :winking_face:

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Jerome

sorry for my english, it's not my native language ;p

• Official Post

You failed to mention a critical component in your setup - the powerline ethernet adapter.

Move your Z8 close to your sagem router and connect the Z8 DIRECTLY to the sagem using a short ethernet cable and re-test.

Question: if you have a wifi connection to your z8 device, what is the specific need for the ethernet?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Sorry, I didn't have the time to test it with a short cable on the routeur.

I will try tomorrow :winking_face:

I prefer ethernet since a long time, the wired will always be better than Wifi :winking_face:

It's always nice to have iptv or movies and series that start in 2sec :p

Regards,

Jerome

• Hi,

A new update was available, so i installed it without issues.

About Wifi (without VPN):

My Z8 is still connected on power, maybe 80% of time it works and the rest of time, when i turn it ON it's just not connected or the screen is freezing, I use restart and i cross my fingers....

About Ethernet (without VPN):

I did a test with a cable connected directly on my routeur sagem with a short cable, something like 10inches, it didn't work. I tried to use restart several times, shutdown it several times too, my ethernet connection doesn't work... status is still on "not connected"

Until I won't be able to verify the logs , i won't be able to fix the issue, whether:

- Ethernet port is just dead

- there is an issue in the code (but you would have received a lot of mails...)

Last thing i can do, is just to reset it. and do some test with only my iptv setuped

Best Regards,

Jerome

• unfortunately, the ethernet port seems to be out of order. After a factory reset with the same tests, the ethernet stays in status "not connected".

I don't have another choice than to contact my reseller (amazon.fr) and ask an exchange or a refund. As it was confirmed by formuler support team.

This topic can be closed.