New z8 (?), and problem loading m3u

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Bought a second z8 and am getting an error code 10 for m3u formatting. Is it ok to post screen images?

Also, I checked the build date and it says “NRD90M” rather than a date. Also the device name is “Living Room 1_4338, must be a used device?

• Well Now I am confused, I looked at the “About” info for the first z8 that I’ve been using for awhile and the device name is similar (different numbers) and the build date is the nrd90m. I know the build date was March 2019 last time I looked at that...

But my problem with the new z8 is an error with the m3u I enter, which works fine on the first z8...

• Official Post

NRD90M is normal and this can change with firmware updates.

Check first if your box is connected with internet and then m3u link again, letter by letter and if inserted under Playlist! Before you press connect to provider, turn of/disconnect the first box (older one), just for test.

• Internet connection is great, still the error code 10.

Note that I downloaded the multi-APK and app for the iptv subscription we have on the first (working) z8, then later installed the m3u playlist on that box. I learned today I do not need to download that iptv app so I deleted it from this new box.

Is a factory reset in order?

• So the first z8 works great, I entered a m3u url in a playlist so we can use the my tv online 2 EPG. At least I hope that sounds correct?

On a new second z8 the m3u returns an error code 10 (m3u formatting error), the url is accurate. I did the factory reset and still ty same problem. So I cannot use the z8 EPG. I did download the iptv starters pro app and can use that, but I want the z8 my tv online 2 epg.

So my question is do I return the z8 for a replacement? Or is there something else I can do? I am using the iptv **** subscription if that matters?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

• Does your subscription allow 2 devices to be connected at once? Have you tried to connect via mac portal or XC instead?

Just so you know in the future your not allowed to post provider's name in this forum.

• Official Post

Like Mevi say, no provider`s name in forum, please read forum rules! In future we will delete entire threads without any comments if we found provider names or url`s to them.

Let me ask you something. Are you maybe using for first box url in playlist and trying with second box to use M3U file in playlist? This would (m3u formatting error) explain. Means M3U file is not correct formatted, Mol2 does not take all m3u files even if some Players like VLC play this without problems. MOL2 follows some standard and vlc and some other apps use more possibility's.

Type in second box the same url into playlist ( not M3U file) and this should work.

• Thanks, I thought just no links, my bad and I will remember no provider info!

In the first z8 (actually second, first z8 had other problems) I created a playlist with the m3u/EPG in a playlist to use MOL2.

I bought a second z8 for another tv and I could not create a playlist using the same url.

I just replaced that z8, entered the same url as I have in the first z8 and it’s perfect. I almost returned this latest z8 after several failed attempts to download the 1.4.22 software update because the MOL2 was gone. But finally updated and has been great for an hour now.

Even with problems with two z8’s I like the performance and the MOL2 and bought this new unit.

Thank you!

Edited once, last by Bluewater: Removed question ().