FW1.4.22 -SW 7.2.2 Update for Z8 (23.07.2019)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Have just updated the z8 & mytvonline2 app - now just get black screen. Previously all worked flawlessly with my VPN active. Since update, I need to turn the VPN off to watch live TV using MOL2... Clearly an issue with the app. Have tried changing to IPv6 & no change, created new connecting to provider - no difference.

This is not an issue with anything other than the app. Any ideas?

• i have this update and i see on changelog that ipv6 is turned off by default, however it sometimes appears to get it when i came from standby mode
    Also you should update the android security patch level to the most recent december 2018 is on the last update that you provide.

so many thing and bug were fixed but your box runs very well

this occurs when i check network shortcut on the box , will be fixe on next release?

• this occurs when i check network shortcut on the box , will be fixe on next release?

You mean Internal IPV4 and IPV6 showing at same time, happens with wifi connection. Yes, is known and already discussed internal, devs already done few fixes and need more to do until beta hotfix comes out. Should come at beginning of September.

• You mean Internal IPV4 and IPV6 showing at same time, happens with wifi connection. Yes, is known and already discussed internal, devs already done few fixes and need more to do until beta hotfix comes out. Should come at beginning of September.

SAM

from what i see ipv6 is off with this last update, and i'm connect with ethernet and wifi is turned off
    Happend when i check network settings sometimes, sometimes when i boot up the box it appears and others when i came from standby

Clould the dev team also include cloud timeshift when checking the epg grid (clicking epg key on remote)- they have to assign a key because if you press enter on current event you go to live time witch is correct

i also notice that portal connection time is in format am pm even my box is in 24h mode

• Open support ticket on Formuler Helpdesk and report.

Thanks Sam. I've opened a ticket. Also in terms of new feature do the devs have this in their horizon?

1. showing the listing in List mode vs tile mode. Most TV Series don't have the thumbnails and its blank.

2. setting favorites on TV Series

• Russell

Backup feature comes for first time with this FW, to be sure all goes fine you should do following:

1. Install FW: 1.4.22 and MYTVOnline 2 : 7.2.2

2. Check if all works fine and the update went correctly.

3. Do factory reset

4. Set up the box as new

5. Check again your box, settings and installed apps, if all is fine, proceed with backup.

Backup:

6. Use some small 2GB USB Stick, formatted with "FAT32". The USB Stick should be empty.

If you get some error later, check your usb stick and format again.

7. Plug in the USB Stick and restart the box, so the box can initialise and recognise all correctly.

8. Go to Settings -> Storage & Reset -> Backup -> do backup and let the box do all automatically. When the box finish, the home menu will appear.

9. Save your backup files.

Important:

After each firmware nb. change the Backup should be done new again. Install new Firmware and restore old Backup with older Firmware will not work.

Extended Infos:

This feature allows installers to setup 1 device and clone all settings and apps to another device easily.

It also allows users to backup their settings before doing a factory reset.

This feature only works within the same firmware version. In other words, a new backup image should be created after every firmware update.

• I've been getting lots of critical errors of systems applications when I reboot the box. I can't enter the "Update Software" menu. It says "Download failed". There are at least 2 applications that keeps closing and they are named something lie "app.leanback" and "app.media.something". I can't remember the exact names.

What can I do to at least be able to update firmware to the latest stable version?

Formuler Z8

• Errors with leanback launcher can in most cases only solved with factory reset. Did you install in last time some apps or use new USB or Bluetooth devices?

• Errors with leanback launcher can in most cases only solved with factory reset. Did you install in last time some apps or use new USB or Bluetooth devices?

New USB yes. No to all the others you stated! And I struggle to put it working again, because as soon as the box reboots and reaches the Home screen, it gives errors, ones after anothers and on top of each others, creating like 10 or 15 error messages.

But, it might be just that. I'll try other USB devices or any USB devices to check it!

Maybe the "Software Update" problem also goes away!

Formuler Z8

• Have just updated the z8 & mytvonline2 app - now just get black screen. Previously all worked flawlessly with my VPN active. Since update, I need to turn the VPN off to watch live TV using MOL2... Clearly an issue with the app. Have tried changing to IPv6 & no change, created new connecting to provider - no difference.

This is not an issue with anything other than the app. Any ideas?

Hi

Android can be really unpredictable and produce varied results using vpn's between versions, even more so if you had the vpn installed before updating and you didn't factory reset aftwards and start fresh, maybe chose to restore a backup after a factory reset factory which included your vpn, this can produce varied results. Although Formuler are trying to make this seamless for everyone it's Android an restored images including apps is more than likely going to cause issues, even though the feature would be good if it were to work seamlessly I personally wouldn't recommend restoring images that include apps such as vpns etc, always best to start fresh, I know lots of people don't like having to do this but it's best practice too, the other things to bare in mind are compatibility between versions/apps, although Formuler dev team are no doubt good devs it's impossible to be accurate on each update as far as compatibility goes with previous apps/configurations etc especially as we are talking about 3rd party apps that are not officially supported by Android and also it's not official Android tv.

(((( Please don't think I am jumping down your neck bud, I'm just offering you a few pointers an explaining things for others also, I haven't been on the forum for a while so I'm just catching up throwing my 50 pences in for you. :smiling_face: ))))

This kind of development comes with trial an error an I think anyone that jumps into buying devices such as Formuler and lots of other brands also that are not official versions need to expect bugs and understand what this kind of tech entails, these guys are developing custom apps, features etc, any new development goes through this process of compiling new versions an debugging them, that's how it cycles, take as much on board as you can an learn from it an start diagnosing, debugging an solving things your own way, you will accept and appreciate tech more and understand things more clear.

I've read a few other comments on hear relating too issues after installing the update, there's lots of reasons and also things to try your self that may resolve your issues, things like not being able to connect after an update, apps not working that previously did, not keeping a stable connection to your provider as you previously had, issues with network protocols (IPV6 etc), most of these issues can be solved by doing a bit of self diagnoses an a little support from your suppliers, factory resets, fresh start, asking your supplier to reset your line for you, reconfiguring your router, going over things an double checking, asking questions like people are doing in this forum, is good, everyone can take a little something from it. Your issue in particular you mentioned an Ipv6, this maybe just possible you didn't notice the ipv6 address before, you maybe disabling it an after a restart it assigns you an ipv6 address, this may not even be an issue in everyone's sebario, that could be your isp /router configuration, some isp/routers unless they are configured right the default ipv6 over rides any changes to settings made k a device, there lots of reasons for most scenarios/issues/results, it's all about breaking it down an diagnosing them, you will enjoy tech more the more you learn about it, don't be afraid to break things as there's always someone or a solution to fix it. Have a nice days guys :smiling_face:

• Hello community,

Do someone has the same problem since the update that certain channels sometimes buffering and as soon as you continue a channel and goes back it runs smoothly again??

Won't that be related to service provider or your home network? On my side is more the channel freezes, then I change to the next channel, thene change back to the frozen one and it is already working. But I think this is related with service provider or internet than with the app or box or firmware.

Formuler Z8