Xtream-Editor subscribers & MOL2

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I'm currently using XE & m*g because it offers catch-up. It's currently the best option if you use XE & MOL2. But m*g can not use more than 1 connection (it's a m*g limitation and nothing to do with either XE or MOL2).

I would prefer to use M3U with XE as it normally allows you to use more than 1 connection (ie watch & record separate channels, but not currently available in MOL2). I also find that the tv guide loads much faster using the m3u/xmltv system. Also no catch-up currently available via m3u on MOL2.

XC Api allows catch-up, time-shift, more than 1 connection (but not currently via mol2), extra information about your line (subscription length). But it can't be used in conjunction with XE as XE does not provide a username & password.

I suppose if you could fully edit groups and channels in MOL2 then XC Api would be a great method if your providers own tv guide was any way half-decent. There would be no real need to use XE in that case.

• Use M*G if you want to use the catchup but you have to pay for it. I use M3u link because I don't use catchup and plus it's free.

• Im a bit confused about this topic,..I use the following method to load my service in the playlist section on MTOL Z7+, the bottom line pulls in the epg.

http://EXAMPLE_url/get.php?username=EXAMPLE&password=EXAMPLE&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

http://EXAMPLE-url/xmltv.php?username=EXAMPLE&password=EXAMPLE&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

• How to use MAC/ID portal, Xtrema Codes Api (XC) and M3U Url on Formuler Boxes.

Take a minute and look at this article I think you will find it useful.

Well smack me in the mouth with a wet fish!.....I never knew that could be done in MTOL, just tried it & it works 100%, pulls in everything including live tv,epg & catchup,...even VOD, just needed to enter the relevant info from my m3u line & bingo,....many thanks

• You're Welcome :smiling_face:

Well smack me in the mouth with a wet fish!.....I never knew that could be done in MTOL, just tried it & it works 100%, pulls in everything including live tv,epg & catchup,...even VOD, just needed to enter the relevant info from my m3u line & bingo,....many thanks

hey! where do you pull the relevant info from to get it to work on portal? do i use xtream editor the EPG URL and M3U URL? what exact info do i need from there to plug in to portal on MOL2

• I'm currently using XE & m*g because it offers catch-up. It's currently the best option if you use XE & MOL2. But m*g can not use more than 1 connection (it's a m*g limitation and nothing to do with either XE or MOL2).

I would prefer to use M3U with XE as it normally allows you to use more than 1 connection (ie watch & record separate channels, but not currently available in MOL2). I also find that the tv guide loads much faster using the m3u/xmltv system. Also no catch-up currently available via m3u on MOL2.

XC Api allows catch-up, time-shift, more than 1 connection (but not currently via mol2), extra information about your line (subscription length). But it can't be used in conjunction with XE as XE does not provide a username & password.

I suppose if you could fully edit groups and channels in MOL2 then XC Api would be a great method if your providers own tv guide was any way half-decent. There would be no real need to use XE in that case.

Have you been able to use portal through xtream editor? Not sure what info i put in to the portal area as xtream editor provides me with nothing

• Have you been able to use portal through xtream editor? Not sure what info i put in to the portal area as xtream editor provides me with nothing

Yes, you can do that. I use xtream editor.

Use: http://m*g.xeev.net/mol (you might have to remove "/mol" in order to work). Here is direct link

Username : Your xtream editor username

Pass: Your xtream editor password

• Yes, you can do that. I use xtream editor.

Use: http://m*g.xeev.net/mol (you might have to remove "/mol" in order to work). Here is direct link

Username : Your xtream editor username

Pass: Your xtream editor password

With this method, you’re purchasing an m3u subscription from your reseller and not a m*g subscription correct? Also the username and password are the same that my provider gives me?

• With this method, you’re purchasing an m3u subscription from your reseller and not a m*g subscription correct? Also the username and password are the same that my provider gives me?

Sorry for the late response. There will be two separate subs, one from your provider/reseller and one from xtream editor (to use their services).

Xtream editor considers formuler as m*g device for some reason but it's not an actual m*g box.

Do you currently have any iptv provider sub?

The only reason I use xtream is because I can rearange the channels the way I like and not for their epg service.

Mind you, xtream asks 19 swiss franks/year for use of the playist editor. Using m*g device is an addition 5/y, if I remember correctly.