Formuler z8 Ethernet and MO2

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi All. For the past month I’ve had no issues with the formuler z8 or MTO2 however:

Since the latest update I keep getting error code 7. Now I’ve read lots of posts that people have previously had this issue but no resolve overall.

Now here is where it gets interesting.

When the box is connected by Ethernet I get the error code... when it’s connected by WiFi I do not get the code.

If I want to connect by Ethernet, I have to ensure it’s connected that way but also connected by WiFi... once both are connected that way, the box / mytvonline 2 kicks in and then takes the preferred Ethernet connection automatically.

If I then disconnect WiFi and keep the box on Ethernet it works fine but.... if I power off the device and back on, I get the same error code so have to repeat the above.

I’ve read various options and Formuler seem to point to the iptv provider or isp however it would be impossible to be either of those causing the issue especially as it’s occurred out of nowhere.

Is there a known issue and fix for this problem?

Thanks

• Official Post

Does Youtube work on Ethernet?

What is the IP address assigned to your device when the Ethernet is plugged in?

• Official Post

Are you using the Router supplied by Virgin UK? Which model is it?

Is IPv6 enabled or disabled in your Z8's Android Settings?

Try to assign yourself a static IP for Ethernet to see if it helps.

• Router is Virgin super hub 3

IPv6 on virgin is not possible so default ipv4, ipv6 as a matter of caution anyway disabled on formuler...

Static ip doesn’t make an difference, still the same result.

• Official Post

Last thing to try is to re-enable IPv6 on your Formuler to see if it makes a difference.

Also you can try the following test:

Turn off WiFi, connect Ethernet, Open the Market app on the homescreen, and install the 1.1.1.1 app.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.