Controlling soundbar with volume on Formuler remote (logitech harmony)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible to use the controllers remote to control my samsung sound bar instead of the default formuler volume. I use a logitech harmony, but when I am using my formuler device, the volume buttons control the formulers volume instead of my soundbars. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

• Official Post

Like i know no, harmony use at same time only one profile and in this case it is formuler box. To control the volume of Soundbar you have to switch to another profile. You can check in Harmony program if some buttons can be programmed exclusive but until now i did n`t saw such possibility.

• Not sure how I have done it but now I can control the formuler box and the sound buttons work on my soundbar without changing inputs... happy days! :smiling_face:

• Official Post

Would be nice if you can share such infos and how to with us, so the community can benefit from this.

• Yeah sure, so I have a Logitech Harmony pro. I have setup my start up activity to turn on samsung TV, samsung soundbar and formuler z8. By default it switches to HDMI 3 which is my formuler box and to my IPTV. I can control the formuler box as normal and when I press the volume keys, it controls my soundbar which is perfect. This only works on first start up. If I manually change to another device on my Harmony, such as my tv to change some settings and then back to my formuler device, the volume keys default back to controlling the Formuler's volume and not my soundbar.

Don't know why it works at the start and not after changing to another device and then back again....

• I will try to explain how to do this for everyone using a Harmony Remote. The one I use is a Harmony ONE.

1. Define the devices on the harmony. ie. Z8 is in Logitech Database. Same for TV and same for Sound Bar.

2. Create an activity. ie. Watch TV Living Room.... It will ask you what devices they need. What controls volume etc.

3. Let harmony update its settings.

4. Run activity an all should work