Customize /etc/remote.config?

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Sam,

Is it possible to load a custom remote control config file. I have several remotes that I prefer to the stock remote supplied with the Z7+. For example, my old Rogers remote can shut down the TV and audio equipment when I power off, as well as control the volume through the amp. I can easily dump the IR codes for the remote.

Dave

Is it possible to load a custom remote control config file

Sorry but not possible. In your case would maybe some universal rcu like logitech be good solution. One rcu for all.

• Sure it is possible. It's software.

Seems like a waste to spend hundreds of dollars (3 TV's) on new programmable remotes. I guess I will get a JP1.x cable (<$20) and program the Rogers remotes to the codes you accept. After all it is just software.

• Hi

Z7+ operate tv but does not operate box ?

any ideas ? do i need to press and hold STB or anything as i have tried with no luck

• Hi

Z7+ operate tv but does not operate box ?

any ideas ? do i need to press and hold STB or anything as i have tried with no luck

You need to tell us more. Does your remote blink when you press a button, or does infrared light in your box blink? If you're using IR cable try to take it off and point directly to the box and try.