Auto refresh rate 24 50 60Hz

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I'm considering buying Z8 but was wondering if it has auto refresh rate to match the video refresh rate whether it's 24Hz 50Hz or 60Hz or only has one refresh rate and won't change automatically

I know enigma 2 and infomir boxes have this feature. I also know Nvidia shield doesn't have it

Thank you for your inputs

• Hi, Shield actually has this feature, (as Apple TV).

Shield has an app developed by someone, it's not natively supported, it's not very smooth. it caused me lot of A-V delays etc. I can't believe for a company like google that sells millions of products worldwide, this is not supported

Can't speak about apple tv

what's formuler developers take on this?

• Shield has an app developed by someone, it's not natively supported, it's not very smooth. it caused me lot of A-V delays etc. I can't believe for a company like google that sells millions of products worldwide, this is not supported

What does the feature you are asking about actually do? Be specific.

What is the specific need for this feature? What "problem" does this feature solve?

Which app/device is capable of doing what you are requesting the "correct" way?

Provide examples, screenshots of related menus, or videos if possible.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• automatic refresh rate is capability of the box to match the refresh rate of the video that is playing

most content in Europe is using 50Hz whereas in North America video are displayed in 60Hz. some Movies for example use 24Hz. when a box doesn't have the capability of automatic refresh rate depending on the video displayed, it forces video to be played to one specific refresh rate (the one you set in the beginning). when video is 50Hz and box setting is 50Hz its works well, same if it's 60Hz and box setting is 60Hz. now if you play european content (50Hz) and your box is set to 60Hz or vice versa, then this introduces judder and some stuttering especially when it comes to sport and banners (some people are more sensitive than others). if automatic refresh rate is supported. box will switch to whatever refresh rate to match what's displayed. Formuler can support 50Hz and 60Hz but can't switch back and forth, Formuler doesn't support 24Hz used in movies at all

Enigma2 boxes do support automatic refresh rate, I believe Formuler has an enigma2 box if I'm not mistaken, I attached a screenshot of enigma2 AV setting where it says MULTI (other settings are either 50Hz or 60Hz)

I'm not sure if this is android limitation or what!

I don't think videos will help here.

I appreciate your help

Edit: just saw this thread http://www.wetekforums.com/v/discussion/2…oid-not-working , Wetek is android I believe right, seems like it does support automatic refresh rate according to what they said

• most content in Europe is using 50Hz whereas in North America video are displayed in 60Hz. some Movies for example use 24Hz

I have set my screen to 1080p@60hz.

I configured my Z8 to output 1080p@60hz.

Z8 HDMI auto adaptation is set to "off".

I see no judder whatsoever when I switch to USA/UK/NL/DE/BE/TR/VOD or whatever content in MOL2/Youtube/etc...

• I have set my screen to 1080p@60hz.

I see no judder whatsoever when I switch to USA/UK/NL/DE/BE/TR/VOD or whatever content in MOL2/Youtube/etc...

not sure what hdmi auto adaptation does exactly

again, you may not feel it but others do

it's better to have native support to other framerates, if other boxes do then it should be across the board

• Shield has an app developed by someone, it's not natively supported, it's not very smooth. it caused me lot of A-V delays etc. I can't believe for a company like google that sells millions of products worldwide, this is not supported

The New Nvidia Shield pro 2019 actually has this feature as a beta function, sorry I made a mistake in my previous post, it's the Plex app that can match refresh rate, not the older shield. But it's a very important feature for watching movies!

Edited once, last by Swekonfucius (November 12, 2019 at 6:08 PM).

• I have set my screen to 1080p@60hz.

Probably because you use the "soap opera" function on your TV that smooths everything out, but if you watch a movie on a real movie channel you will probably see a small stutter every 5 sec or so, as movies are 24Hz. TV are broadcasted in 25, 29 or 30Hz,

• "soap opera" function on your TV that smooths everything out, but if you watch a movie on a real movie channel you will probably see a small stutter every 5 sec or so

I've tried a TV screen and 2 different PC monitors at 50hz and 60hz.

I gues they all have some very special anti judder magic.

Or my eyes are really bad at detecting judder.

• The New Nvidia Shield pro 2019 actually has this feature as a beta function, sorry I made a mistake in my previous post, it's the Plex app that can match refresh rate, not the older shield. But it's a very important feature for watching movies!

I see that feature is added but still manual and only available on 2019 nvidia shield

I hope Formuler can support it but again, I heard Formuler doesn't run android tv but instead android tablet or something, so I'm not sure this feature will ever be added

• I've tried a TV screen and 2 different PC monitors at 50hz and 60hz.

I gues they all have some very special anti judder magic.

Or my eyes are really bad at detecting judder.

Lol. The EASIEST way for you to test it is to compare 2 channels with scrolling text with and obviously with 2 different Hertz. I suggest you try SKY NEWS UK (not during commercials) and NEWSMAX. Compare the running text at the bottom of the screen and you will eventually see it 😉.