Pioneer Receiver Sound but No Video

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I just bought a new Formuler Z8 and I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. When I plug in the HDMI into my tv everything works fine but when I try to run it through my pioneer VSX-830 receiver it doesn't Transmit the video but I can hear the sound through my surround sound speakers. My TV says that there is no signal as if there's nothing plugged into the HDMI port at all. I've tried multiple HDMI cords, I've changed the resolution reset the box everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. The receiver is 4K capable and I have no problem running my xbox1 or other Android boxes through it so there's obviously an issue with the Z8 being recognized by the receiver.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try so that I can run it through my receiver?

Edited once, last by Bob_Loblaw (October 27, 2019 at 4:42 AM).

• What if you try the different Z8 resolution/hz settings 1080p 50hz, 1080p 60hz, 1080i 50hz, 1080i 60hz etc? Just a few to see if it makes a difference, perhaps the receiver input port doesn't support all combinations? You can access these Z8 settings via the "Resolution" button on the remote.

Is it possible that the HDMI input that you choose is accidently configured to sent/route video out to "Monitor Out" instead of "HDMI out"?

• Check first suggested from ddd, then check also:

1. Settings -> Display -> HDMI Auto adaptation

2. Settings -> Video Output -> check Output format adaptation for 2d stream

3. Settings -> Advanced Options -> Video Color space&HDMI deep color. Check if the AVR receiver support same setting like your tv or not. Use Tv and AVR receiver manual for this to see the highest value.