Descrambling multiple services with Formuler F3 CI+ 1.3 CAM-1670

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi! I need some help to find out if it's even possible to continually watch 2 different encrypted channels with my current setup, which is right below.
    Formuler F3 with Smit CI+ 1.3 CAM-1670 and Viaccess 060A00 card. Tried openPLi/ATV/HDF images.

I can watch and stream and/or record one encrypted channel as long as I want - no problem.
    But when I'm trying to stream one encrypted channel while watching another: the 1st channel works less than an hour before image freezes on a screen, while the 2nd continued to stream without any problems.

After researching a problem i found a CI+ module property in CI+ Info: Content Key Lifetime: 3600s
    Experimentally I confirmed my guess that it's exactly CI+ tricks - the longest time I can watch two channels is right 1 hour, then descrambling of the 1st channel stops.
    All I need to fix the problem - is zap to another channel then get back to one that get frozen and watch/stream 2 channels again for an hour, before the first one freezes.

Is there a way to make CI+ module generate that 3600s/1hour Content Key for two channels continually without stopping descrambling any of them?

• Official Post

In my opinion, no, because its CI+ control feature and can not be stopped, controlled or overtaken trough STB Image, some plugin or something else. CI+ always doe what he want and what the FW say. I was read something about CI+ Modules with 1.4V. and bigger should work with Multidecoding, yours have 1.3. Did you try FW upgrade already? This could fix your problem!
    How ever, Modules like programmable "Unicam Evo4" would be better way to overtake the control and use your Smartcard like you want. Not only this, the zapping speed is also much, much better and stable.

• I can't find a way to upgrade firmware. Everything i googled says that if there will be any updates - provider gonna send it over sat signal.

Modules like programmable "Unicam Evo4" would be better way to overtake the control

That's an interesting advice, will look into it. I just hope my Viaccess 060A00 card isn't locked to work only with this Smit CI+ module provider gave me.

Thank you for a detailed answer, now I have some options to explore.

• Thanks, I hope to succeed.
    I always used oscam with my previous Viaccess 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 cards with no problem.
    But afaik Viaccess 6.0 can't be used that way, or maybe it's really locked to work only in my CI+ module.
    I tried this card in oscam, but I just have this error: not found ... key to use is not the current

• Official Post

Search for some Info if Unicam EVO 4 can also unpair your Viaccess card. Since two Months is unpairing for V14 Cards with this Module possible, maybe this works also with your Viaccess card. After unparing, you can use your card like before in STB Smartcard reader and with Oscam.

• I searched some info about Unicam, and looks like currently it doesn't support Viaccess 6.0 cards.
    Changelog tells that Viaccess 5.0 got support only in September 2015:

troja_v4.40 (02/09/2015)
    3+ is now recognized on viaccess 5 smartcards;

But it's a promising hardware and I will check periodically for an updates on my matter.
    Clearly, Viaccess 6.0 card allows to watch two channels, and it's a CI+ restriction that only last channel descrambles contiually.

I'll be sure to post an update here if I'll find any solution to watch 2 channels with my setup.