storage for Z8

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• What are you guys using for external storage & can you set up to automatically store your video recordings in a particular storage?

Can that external storage be played on a different device I.E ...PC & use a particular app to play on?

• I use "sandisk ultra fit 128gb usb 3.1" and put NTFS filesystem on it. Works without problems.

When recording livestreams it stores them as .ts files. These can be played with the internal player, but also with VLC. And most likely with many other players on PC/Laptop/etc...

MOL2 does not change the videostream, it just stores it, in the codecs, as they come in. So as long as you have a player which supports the codec you are good.

The latest Z8 firmware also supports NAS storage, we have seen on the forum that people are also succesfully use that now for recording and viewing. I don't use my NAS for that, but I can recommend QNAP (as brand).

• I use an old spare 300GB 2.5" drive in a USB enclosure that I had lying around. I also use NTFS filesystem (formatted on a Windoze box), no issues.

With smb turned on the z8, I can access the recordings anywhere on my home network via kodi/VLC, it works pretty well.

• Thanks Guys to be honest this stuff is blowing my mind still learning about this file , codec stuff.

Could you guys show me links from Amazon or ebay or wherever to get these practical hard drives particularly the HDD drives I should think right?

Thanks again for your post.

• Sam this is good info thanks.

Would also like to record Live shows on Z8

Is using a USB micro flash drive good for this?

& was wondering what be best storage space for recording on such a small USB micro SD card

Can you recommend a quick & easy solution & any links to where to get from to use with my Z8?

Thanks

• was wondering what be best storage space for recording on such a small USB micro SD card

In another thread you say

wherever to get these practical hard drives particularly the HDD drives I should think right?

1) It is against forum rules to ask the similair question in different postings.

2) Why are you asking for microSD advice in one thread and about HDD drives in another?

• Official Post

Rheabs

Now i moved posts from other thread to this one, result this thread is mixed now, doesn`t help other users`s! Be patinate you will get your answer, meanwhile there is enough threads and search functions with very good infos.

Don`t spread same question trough different threads, one open thread, one discussion. Read asap Forum rules, thx.