Beta firmware 1.4.63 / Mytvonline 2 software 7.8.1

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• New beta for Z8 / Z Alpha and MOL 2 New beta released

Firmware Version : 1.4.63 BETA

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.1 BETA

WARNING:
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.
    Please keep in mind, this is Beta and could have also bugs or act unstable, it is for testing and not for productive use 24h with the box.
    If you don`t want to test, please wait until official comes out. No Forum support in other threads if beta is in use, beta issues should be discussed only in this thread.

HowTo Install:

Home Menu -> Software Update -> press "0227" -> Red Icon and Beta Test SW appear (right corner) -> Press Red Button -> Now is the Firmware and Software shown, press now "OK" button for install.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or plug out the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Beta FW 1.4.63 - SW 7.8.1 discussions only in this thread here. Other open threads with Beta issues will be deleted instantly!

We need to collect such data and feedbacks on one place, thank you for your understanding.

Firmware Version : 1.4.63 BETA

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: Turn off Bluetooth pairing requests
      • Android Settings > Security & restrictions > Allow incoming BT pairing requests
    • ADD: Show recording icon in Launcher notification bar when background recording is in progress
    • FIX: Portal credentials get erased when new remote config is deployed and overwritten
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.1 BETA

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: New User Interface for Live TV
    • ADD: Favorite Channels editor :)

• Add up to 10 different favorite groups
      • Arrange channels in your desired order
    • ADD: Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals :)
    • ADD: Settings > HLS Fast Start ON/OFF
      • ON: Ramp up from lowest bitrate first
    • ADD: More Series metadata
    • ADD: Direct channel number input from Grid EPG
    • IMP: Continuous play from Catchup for XC portals
    • IMP: Removed software update popup for non-essential updates
    • IMP: Move "View catchup in Grid EPG" option to Portal Settings
    • FIX: Catchup/Replay bug when local timeshift is enabled
    • FIX: Displayed fps does not match AFR fps
    • FIX: XMLTV EPG download issue
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

This time with long awaited community features, we hope you will like it :)

Important Infos:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals, what means this exactly?

This means, your provider XC Api subscription need to have at least two lines/connections to record one channel and watch another channel. With one single line you don`t need even to try, because it will not work.

Once again, Xtreme Codes Api (XC Api) connection with two included lines/connections works and with single subscription line not.

Nice XC Api works, what is with MAC/ID Stalker portal connection?

With Stalker subscription is recording and watching not possible. Stalker use always one single line/connection for iptv and registered MAC/ID address.

Means, if you want to use this feature with your box, then you need to speak with your provider and change to XC Api connection.

Does it works with M3U Playlist?

Yes it works also with M3U playlist, but you should first speak with your provider if you allowed to use this feature with single or need two lines at same time for M3U playlist.

The user assumes any risk of ban in this case! This depends fully from your provider and permission. Formuler is not responsible for any bans in this case. Pleas check this first with your provider before you use this feature with your m3u playlist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Want to share with our Community some pictures from new Beta. Btw. the EPG loading text and icon are gone, loading in background ;)

• Hello I hope I’m doing this right. Sorry if I’m not. Is it true with new update we can now record a different channel than what we are watching ? Thank you very much for the help. Take care 😀😀:):)

• Hello I hope I’m doing this right. Sorry if I’m not. Is it true with new update we can now record a different channel than what we are watching ? Thank you very much for the help. Take care 😀😀 :)

Moved all postings from your new thread into this one. Beta discussions only in this thread here!

Like Allsatboy and Mevi wrote, it will be possible to use finally this feature with coming Update.

But there is also few things the user must know and it`s important for everyone. I will try to explain in few words.

Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals, what means this exactly?

This means, your provider subscription need to have at least two lines to record one channel and watch another channel. With one single line you don`t need even to try, because it will not work.

Once again, Xtreme Codes Api (XC Api) connection with two subscription lines works and with single subscription line not.

Nice XC Api works, what is with MAC/ID Stalker portal connection?

With Stalker conn. is recording and watching two different channels not possible. Stalker use always one single line for iptv and registered MAC/ID address.

Means, if you want to use this feature with your box, then you need to speak with your provider to change to XC Api connection.

Does it works with M3U Playlist?

Yes it works also with M3U playlist, but you should first speak with your provider if you allowed to use this feature with single or need two lines at same time for M3U playlist. The user assumes any risk of ban in this case! This depends fully from your provider and permission. Formuler is not responsible for any bans in this case. Pleas check this first with your provider before you use this feature with m3u playlist.

• update looks great! Cannot wait to test it out. I am curious, what is the icon in the top right, to the left of the signal strength?

I think it shows that you're connected by wire and not wifi (it looks like a RJ45 connector)

Thats`s correct, if you are connected with wifi then the icon looks like on picture and Ethernet icon is gone.

• Hello

I must be doing something wrong. I go to setting/software/press 0227 and see red button with Beta test software, but when I press red button it changes to official software, doesnt give me option to upgrade to beta