Is this normal for Z7+ ?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Speed Test between 30 to 50mb

No VPN

Live TV OK

Kodi file play via any add on touchy. Plays but cannot fast forward. Will freeze. Buffer. Rewind doesn't work correctly either.

Also, is it true your download speed depends on iptv provider?

Tested internet connection with laptop and speed is 117mb. With formuler = 1/3 that speed

• Also, is it true your download speed depends on iptv provider?

No, iptv provider only for channels, your ISP is for your download speed and internet connection. You need to provide more details to determine the issue. Example how you are connected lan/wifi, what app u using for test, are you using latest firmware version and did you know that z7+ is max ethernet 10/100mb.

• - I'm hard wired connected.

- Using the speed test app that mytvonline offers

- Firmware Version 1.2.92 , IPTV version 1.9.94

- Yes, I know you can only get 100mb max

• Official Post

Give your box static ip, sometimes this increase the throughput. If you don`t have any problems with iptv or stuttering/buffer in stream, then is all fine.

• Hi, I'm having this exact same problem with my Z7+

• Hardwired connection via a powerline adaptor getting 95 Mbps down on my ISP's own speed test site (speed.aussiebroadband.com.au) through my laptop.
    • Same cable into my Z7+ ethernet port was maxing out at 9-12 Mbps down. After a factory reset this increased to 35-45 Mbps.
    • Ran an Ethernet cable directly from my router to the Z7+ bypassing the powerline adaptors and still throttled to under 45 Mbps.
    • Purchased a USB 3.0 to Ethernet Gigabit adaptor to bypass the Ethernet port. Plugged into either the Z7+ USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 and still only getting 35-45 Mbps.
    • Upload speed is consistently running at my connection's maximum 36 Mbps.
    • Static IP
    • Running latest firmware/software versions
    • VPN (PIA) off or on makes no difference
    • Have tried DNS settings from my ISP, Google and Cloudflare. Cloudflare is marginally quicker than the others.
    • Have rebooted/reset router, box and adaptors multiple times.
    • Can't test wifi speed as the included wifi dongle broke after 1 week and the retailer would not provide a replacement.

Would really appreciate some help troubleshooting please.

Thanks

• Official Post

Hi, I'm having this exact same problem with my Z7+

• Hardwired connection via a powerline adaptor getting 95 Mbps down on my ISP's own speed test site (speed.aussiebroadband.com.au) through my laptop.
    • Same cable into my Z7+ ethernet port was maxing out at 9-12 Mbps down. After a factory reset this increased to 35-45 Mbps.
    • Ran an Ethernet cable directly from my router to the Z7+ bypassing the powerline adaptors and still throttled to under 45 Mbps.
    • Purchased a USB 3.0 to Ethernet Gigabit adaptor to bypass the Ethernet port. Plugged into either the Z7+ USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 and still only getting 35-45 Mbps.
    • Upload speed is consistently running at my connection's maximum 36 Mbps.
    • Static IP
    • Running latest firmware/software versions
    • VPN (PIA) off or on makes no difference
    • Have tried DNS settings from my ISP, Google and Cloudflare. Cloudflare is marginally quicker than the others.
    • Have rebooted/reset router, box and adaptors multiple times.
    • Can't test wifi speed as the included wifi dongle broke after 1 week and the retailer would not provide a replacement.

Would really appreciate some help troubleshooting please.

Thanks

You didn't say which method you were using to test the Ethernet speed on your Z7+

Also, VPN will ALWAYS degrade your internet speed. Perform all speed tests without VPN or DNS apps enabled.

• You didn't say which method you were using to test the Ethernet speed on your Z7+

Also, VPN will ALWAYS degrade your internet speed. Perform all speed tests without VPN or DNS apps enabled.

Thanks for reply.

I was using the ISP's own recommended speed test at http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/ which is powered by Ookla Speedtest. The test server is 1km from my address.

My VPN is off by default. I rarely use it and only switched it on briefly to compare. There are no other apps enabled.

• Official Post

Thanks for reply.

I was using the ISP's own recommended speed test at http://speed.aussiebroadband.com.au/ which is powered by Ookla Speedtest. The test server is 1km from my address.

My VPN is off by default. I rarely use it and only switched it on briefly to compare. There are no other apps enabled.

By which means are you using that URL? Are you typing it into a web browser? If so, which web browser?

The web browser could be the source of the traffic bottleneck.

Instead, use the Speedtest.net app that is available in the Market. Open the speedtest app and use the mouse-cursor mode on your remote to click on the "Go" button.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• By which means are you using that URL? Are you typing it into a web browser? If so, which web browser?

The web browser could be the source of the traffic bottleneck.

Instead, use the Speedtest.net app that is available in the Market. Open the speedtest app and use the mouse-cursor mode on your remote to click on the "Go" button.

Ah I see. Yes it was in a web browser, Brave browser. That did indeed seem to be a bottleneck. I installed the Speedtest.net app and am now seeing results above 90 Mbps.

Thanks for your assistance 175n