Color issue with Z8

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi Guys,

I have the Sony AG9 Oled TV and when I watch Full HD content with the Media Player or Kodi or VLC or MX PLayer I recognize that the people skin colour has strong Orange spots. I played and verified the same content directly on the TV Media Player/Kodi/MX/VLC with the same Color Settings of the TV and the Color there is spot on, no Orange overlay. I attached a picture to demonstrate what I mean. Source is a 1080p movie.

Any idea what the problem could be? Normal TV program, PS4 pro, Streaming etc. does not have that problem. Only content played with the Z8.

Thanks for your help!

• Ok so changing Port and cable no difference. And my sky box and PS4 don’t have that issue, so it’s clearly a setting/issue on the Z8.

However when I change in Imprex engine the intelligent color to “optimal” the bad effect is almost gone, but not totally. That brings me to my further questions: what are the best settings to apply in the Imprex Engine Settings? Any recommendations to improve the picture quality?

Further you guys have HDMI Auto Adaptation activated?

Thanks for your help!

• Official Post

Try this.

Display Mode: User Defined

Brightnes:50

Contrast:55

Hue:50

Saturation:47-48 <- change the orange/skin colour

If you not happy with this settings, then go to Home Menu -> Settings -> Advanced Options -> TV HDR Mode -> and change to SDR

• Try the settings from this thread, it fixed the "orange skin color" for me :

Z8 Calibration

Formuler Z8 Settings

Settings - Advanced Options

YCbCr444 8Bit **Safe output for material viewed**

TV HDR Mode: SDR

PQSetting

Display Mode: User Defined

Brightness: 49 **At default 50 black is not completely black**

Contrast: 50 (Default)

Hue: 50 (Default)

Saturation: 49 **Saturation 50 is slightly above what saturation should be. 49 is the closest available and helps offset color/skintone anomalies**

Imprex Engine

Display Mode: Full Screen

Intelligent Color: Optimal **Best available skin tone and overall color setting**

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Sharpness: 20 **Personal choice to help offset sharp edges of compression blocks inherent in IPTV**

Noise Reduction: Off

MPEG Noise Reduction: Off

Motion Compensation: Off

HDR Saturation: 50 (Default) **I do not use the Z8 in any HDR mode**

• Hi Sam, what is the implication for HDR content of the Media Player if I change to SDR mode? I have a lot of 4k HDR movies I watch over the Z8. Is the TV itself providing the HDR quality or is it not feeded from the Z8 if I change to SDR on the Z8?

• Thanks I try this settings!