Z8 VPN Speed

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi recently i purchase a VPN service and installed in my Z8 and also IOS devices, and start measuring speed with vs without vpn for my surprise the speed on the Z8 with VPN running is like one third of the speed without VPN, try via Wifi and wire and the same result. I have change server, country, and other setting and the same result. Without VPN the speed is right where it should be (100 Mbps in my case) but i still does not understand why with VPN goes to 20-28 Mbps ( I tried with different VPN services and the same result). When i do the same test, with VPN in the IOS & PC is around 93-96 Mbps. Is this has to do with this Z8 firmware/hardware. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

• Thank you for your reply, but in my particular case i have app installed on the Z8, also without VPN i measure the right speed. I believe it has something to do with the ability of the Z8 with VPN, since i have tried with different VPN and the speed drops dramatically with each one. Any other comments or help is more than welcome.

Thanks

• Thank you for your reply, but in my particular case i have app installed on the Z8, also without VPN i measure the right speed. I believe it has something to do with the ability of the Z8 with VPN, since i have tried with different VPN and the speed drops dramatically with each one. Any other comments or help is more than welcome.

Thanks

I share my personal experience with Express VPN (btw it is one of the best for streaming).

I use it on my Macbook pro and Z8 with its dedicated app on both, wired (no WI-FI). I have 200 Mbps without VPN (this is the limit I reach). When I use VPN I'm connected to the closest server according them.

Results: On my Macbook I get 180 Mbps. On Z8 I get 50 Mbps.

Conclusion: the difference between the results is due to the different hardware they have (in particular the different CPU processor). no matter if it is wired or you have 1 billion Mbps in download. The processors of these boxes are not comparable with the PC ones. So, sleep well and forget about any solution.

• At the end of the day . If you have a good ISP the drop in speed shouldn't really affect should it. I have 2 Z8's my lad is gaming my Mrs is watching on E2 box.

I don't seem to have a problem . (my isp isn't £1.99 a month though LOL)

• At the end of the day . If you have a good ISP the drop in speed shouldn't really affect should it. I have 2 Z8's my lad is gaming my Mrs is watching on E2 box.

I don't seem to have a problem . (my isp isn't £1.99 a month though LOL)

Do you use VPN?

• I share my personal experience with Express VPN (btw it is one of the best for streaming).

I use it on my Macbook pro and Z8 with its dedicated app on both, wired (no WI-FI). I have 200 Mbps without VPN (this is the limit I reach). When I use VPN I'm connected to the closest server according them.

Results: On my Macbook I get 180 Mbps. On Z8 I get 50 Mbps.

Conclusion: the difference between the results is due to the different hardware they have (in particular the different CPU processor). no matter if it is wired or you have 1 billion Mbps in download. The processors of these boxes are not comparable with the PC ones. So, sleep well and forget about any solution.

Thank you for your comment/help, that's pretty much my case i have 100 Mbps and in my laptop and IOS i get pretty close, when i Switch my VPN on no matter which one i get 93-96 on my Windows PC and IOS devices, but android devices is 20-30 Mbps. Its a limitation of the Android devices, now thanks to you i can confirm that.

• OP, to answer your question, the VPNs (especially the free ones) tend to slow your internet a lot. I tried a lot of them and understood that I will never find the perfect free one. Free versions are really bad if you want to stream a movie or something like that. With personal experience i know that they give problems, and I could never watch anything without pauses.

I am using https://veepn.com/ now, good price and gives what I need, hope it will work for you as well...

Edited 2 times, last by Buggy (May 25, 2020 at 1:36 PM).

• OP, to answer your question, the VPNs (especially the free ones) tend to slow your internet a lot. I tried a lot of them and understood that I will never find the perfect free one. Free versions are really bad if you want to stream a movie or something like that. With personal experience i know that they give problems, and I could never watch anything without pauses.

in our particular case im talking a paid service, like IpVanish and StrongVpn. And still the android device did not perform. I ll give a try with the new FW

• I use PIA and have used several android devices including z8 and don't experience these issues. Even with the best isp in the world you'll get a speed reduction while using a vpn. All your traffic is being diverted through private servers with no were near the power of big isp systems.

• I have IPvanish on my Z8 and it drops my inter speed from 125 MBs to 25 to 30 MBs. pure trash when used with a IPTV Box. I have 3 different boxes and none have anything installed on them that is not needed to watch internet TV. No YouTube , Netflix or Amazon Just Mytv online 2 or Smarters Pro. Fortunately I have found an internet provider who supports users who use IPTV boxes and does not throttle the download speeds or report IP addresses to the government with out a court order and warns its customers of government interference ahead of time.