Official FW 1.4.65 - SW 7.8.5 for Z8/ZAlpha (21.05.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

New official update released for Z8 / Z Alpha.

Firmware Version : 1.4.65

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.5

WARNING:
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

If serious errors occur, please do factory reset.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or unplug the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Firmware Version : 1.4.65

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: Turn off Bluetooth pairing requests
      • Android Settings > Security & restrictions > Allow incoming BT pairing requests
    • ADD: Show recording icon in Launcher notification bar when background recording is in progress
    • IMP: Show active values for IP Settings and Proxy Settings in Android Network Settings menu
    • FIX: Portal credentials get erased when new remote config is deployed and overwritten
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.5

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: New User Interface for Live TV
    • ADD: Favorite Channels editor
      • Access from Live > Groups > Press LEFT
      • Add up to 10 different favorite groups
      • Arrange channels in your desired order
      • Up to 300 channels per group
    • ADD: Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals
    • ADD: Settings > HLS Fast Start ON/OFF
      • ON: Ramp up from lowest bitrate first
    • ADD: More Series metadata based on OSD Language
    • ADD: Direct channel number input from Grid EPG
    • IMP: Continuous play from Catchup for XC portals
    • IMP: Removed software update popup for non-essential updates
    • IMP: Move "View catchup in Grid EPG" option to Portal Settings
    • FIX: Catchup/Replay bug when local timeshift is enabled
    • FIX: Displayed fps does not match AFR fps
    • FIX: XMLTV EPG download issue
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

This time with long awaited community features, we hope you like it :smiling_face:

Important Infos:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals, what means this exactly?

This means, your provider XC Api subscription need to have at least two lines/connections to record one channel and watch another channel. With one single line this not work.Once again, Xtreme Codes Api (XC Api) connection with two included lines/connections works and with single subscription line not.

Nice XC Api works, what is with MAC/ID Stalker portal connection?

With Stalker subscription is recording and watching not possible. Stalker use always one single line/connection for iptv and registered MAC/ID address.Means, if you want to use this feature with your box, then you need to speak with your provider and change to XC Api connection.

Does it works with M3U Playlist?

Yes it works also with M3U playlist, but you should first speak with your provider if you allowed to use this feature with single or need two lines at same time for M3U playlist.
    The user assumes any risk of ban in this case! This depends fully from your provider and permission. Formuler is not responsible for any bans in this case. Pleas check this first with your provider before you use this feature with your m3u playlist.

Is merge possible?

2x XC Api merge is not possible. This MOL2 feature use only XC Api subscription with included multi lines/connections. Some provider give users the possibility to have up to 5 lines/connections in one XC subscription. Depends all from provider. Some supports this and others don`t want to activate this option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have some question, please read first Beta thread, many questions are already answered -> Beta firmware 1.4.63 / Mytvonline 2 software 7.8.1

Screenshots

1698-formuler-00059383-jpg1699-formuler-00044262-jpg

1700-formuler-00098894-jpg

• Official Post

When I’m now holding down V.Format to get picture options, it’s now bringing up the cursor, and I have to press the cursor button to get it away.

Reproduced, thx. for reporting. Somehow is now 3th. command included. Should be fixed with next update.

• Hey I’ve question about that AFR (Auto Frame rate),

When I turnt it on, when I change from HD to FHD channel, For a second screen goes black and

Then it reproduce the FHD channel. Now, when it’s OFF do I still get the FHD quality or 4K or not?

• now changing between channels is slower spatially on epg

i feel like the previous one was better and smother.

i wish we can change between previous interface and the new one, will see soon maybe get better.

Check in the setting if the Auto Frame Rate is ON if yes turn it off then you’ll have smoother changing channels experience

• Official Post

Hey I’ve question about that AFR (Auto Frame rate),

When I turnt it on, when I change from HD to FHD channel, For a second screen goes black and

Then it reproduce the FHD channel. Now, when it’s OFF do I still get the FHD quality or 4K or not?

Of course, you get the same quality but not the desired frame like some users want to have. Some users will not even see any changes in the video smoothness if AFR is On or Off. Must each user check and decide if he should use it or not.

now changing between channels is slower spatially on epg

i feel like the previous one was better and smother.

i wish we can change between previous interface and the new one, will see soon maybe get better.

AFR is holding the video and need to change to proper frame. Turn off AFR in MOL Settings like iWanchek told, then the channel zapping should be fast like always.

• Hi, I've only had my Z8 for about 3 weeks and I must say everything about the device and software is really great. And now with the ability to create several user favourite groups, it is even better. I do have a question - is it possible to rename a group, once it has been created? I've tried all sorts of key strokes, but not found it possible. Many thanks for your guidance

• Hi

I seem to have a problem on the new FW. When exiting from watching something on VOD back to live TV, the OSD remains on the screen over the TV channel and doesnt time out. Pressing back on remote does nothing infact all buttons pressed display over the OSD still visiblle. Going to standby and reloading mytvonline recitified. Not sure if it was a 1 off or a bug. Thanks

• Catchup is messed up loads verry slow also says wanna start cloudshifting i normally never get that question..., normally i click it plays now stays loading also if you shift forward continue loading normally shit forward and starts.. catchup jumps van start to end out of nothing...

Also epg loads slow

• With a provider that has catchup the >>Info>>EPG data does not match Info and Grid Guide, when catchup is turned off in connection settings.

When on a channel you press Info the correct data comes up.

When using the guide button the correct info comes up.

When pressing Info and then right arrow to go to EPG data the guide times are off by 2 hours.

I am using EPG Mode set to UTC which should ignore any guide offset. When downloading the guide to xml I can see the channels do have an offset but this should not matter for UTC mode. "<programme start="20200521150000 +0200" stop="20200521160000 +0200" channel="globalns.ca">"

It seems that the Info>>EPG way of viewing data is not honouring the UTC mode.

Screen shots attached.

Clearing EPG data did not alter behaviour. The same behaviour happens on multiple boxes.

Using a provider without catchup does work properly when using UTC mode.

• Dear all,

This is my first post on this forum. Let me start off by saying I love the Formuler Z8, and I’m looking forward to using the new features coming with this update. Unfortunately however, I also have a problem with the EPG, which doesn’t seem to have been mentioned in this thread yet. Here goes.

I’m using an XCodes portal with 2 connections. Before the update, upon turning the box ‘on’ (i.e. out of standby), I’d see an animated EPG symbol and the EPG Loading message in the top right corner of the screen for quite a while, and eventually the EPG would be loaded and would show when I wanted it to. I’m calling this the ‘expected behaviour.
    Now, with the newest update, a few things have happened. First off, I don’t see any indication of EPG data being loaded when turning the box on. Neither an icon, nor the text (I know the behaviour for showing this status has changed; you should be seeing it in the Info screen, but no such luck for me…).

However, this is not the main problem. What I find way more annoying is that, when I press OK to select another channel, I don’t get an overview of what’s currently on. Programmes only show up once I briefly highlight a channel, whereas in the past I would see everything at once. In the Grid EPG view, similar behaviour occurs: I press the EPG button and see the channels being populated right before my eyes, instead of the data being there already, like it used to be. It seems like the loading behaviour of the EPG data has changed, at least where XCodes portals are concerned. I very much preferred the old way…
    I happen to know that these issues do not occur on Stalker portals (where you don’t have a username and password), because my neighbour has a subscription with an active Stalker connection with the same provider as I use. He also has an active XCodes line, and with that one, his particular box exhibits the same behaviour as mine since the latest update…

Can anyone please verify whether they have similar issues with the EPG when on an XCodes portal? And, if so, is there anything I can do to mitigate the issue?

• Of course, you get the same quality but not the desired frame like some users want to have. Some users will not even see any changes in the video smoothness if AFR is On or Off. Must each user check and decide if he should use it or not.

aaaaaaaaaa it’s only a frame thing! Ok ok. I see that transition screen goes black for a second and it’s really inconvenient but nevertheless if I need such FHD/4K frame I’ll check that On!

Thnx for the info. Cheers

• Check in the setting if the Auto Frame Rate is ON if yes turn it off then you’ll have smoother changing channels experience

Of course, you get the same quality but not the desired frame like some users want to have. Some users will not even see any changes in the video smoothness if AFR is On or Off. Must each user check and decide if he should use it or not.

AFR is holding the video and need to change to proper frame. Turn off AFR in MOL Settings like iWanchek told, then the channel zapping should be fast like always.

its already off but after restarting the portal ( disconect and coneting again) now get better and back to normal. by the way what mean by Auto Frame Rate

• Official Post

Hi

I seem to have a problem on the new FW. When exiting from watching something on VOD back to live TV, the OSD remains on the screen over the TV channel and doesnt time out. Pressing back on remote does nothing infact all buttons pressed display over the OSD still visiblle. Going to standby and reloading mytvonline recitified. Not sure if it was a 1 off or a bug. Thanks

I reproduced the issue at my Z8.

but There is nothing problem.

Did you set OSD Timeout to never?

• Official Post

I don’t see any indication of EPG data being loaded when turning the box on.

The EPG Loading indicator was moved to the actions bar.

is there anything I can do to mitigate the issue?

Wait for the new EPG Loading indicator to stop moving and then check the EPG.

• Official Post

Probably a problem on your service provider's side.

Please cross check the accuracy of the Catchup EPG data in another app like IPTV Smarters

• The EPG Loading indicator was moved to the actions bar.

Wait for the new EPG Loading indicator to stop moving and then check the EPG.

Thanks for your response, but… still no luck there. Even when I have the info display on ‘hold’’ (i.e. it’s on the screen the whole time) and press the down arrow to go to the actions bar, I still see nothing moving. I do see an EPG icon, but it’s static and stays that way. It doesn’t begin moving, so I can’t know whether data is being loaded in the background. The EPG is working, just, seemingly, not being populated in the background like it was before

On the previous version of the software, there would be an icon in the top right corner, like I explained before, and it would be there for the best part of five minutes on my XCodes portal, before finally disappearing. Now though, even if I look where you say I ought to, there’s no animation whatsoever… What’s more, even if the box has been on for a few hours, the behaviour remains the same as I described in my previous post… It really renders the EPG much less useful to me… Mind you, I would be OK with it taking 5 minutes or longer to complete loading, but it sincerely doesn’t seem to start at all, let alone complete.

Edited once, last by slashtiger (May 22, 2020 at 2:08 PM).

• Hi i just installed yesterday the new update, after of couple of hour i notice that the audio disappear on my service, i have to restart the Z8 and everything back to normal.

The other issue is with my VPN i have StrongVpn and now without changing anything in the configuracion of the VPN it started to switch On by it self. It just after the update.

• Probably a problem on your service provider's side.

Please cross check the accuracy of the Catchup EPG data in another app like IPTV Smarters

Yes it is a provider issue with catchup data. Also my misunderstanding of Grid EPG and EPG being different sources, even when the "View catchup..." is set to off.

Thanks for the help.

• Official Post

Thanks for your response, but… still no luck there. Even when I have the info display on ‘hold’’ (i.e. it’s on the screen the whole time) and press the down arrow to go to the actions bar, I still see nothing moving. I do see an EPG icon, but it’s static and stays that way. It doesn’t begin moving, so I can’t know whether data is being loaded in the background. The EPG is working, just, seemingly, not being populated in the background like it was before

On the previous version of the software, there would be an icon in the top right corner, like I explained before, and it would be there for the best part of five minutes on my XCodes portal, before finally disappearing. Now though, even if I look where you say I ought to, there’s no animation whatsoever… What’s more, even if the box has been on for a few hours, the behaviour remains the same as I described in my previous post… It really renders the EPG much less useful to me… Mind you, I would be OK with it taking 5 minutes or longer to complete loading, but it sincerely doesn’t seem to start at all, let alone complete.

MOL2, Main menu, Settings, Clear EPG cache

Then check the actions bar and wait for the EPG loading animation to stop moving.

After that check the EPG

• MOL2, Main menu, Settings, Clear EPG cache

Then check the actions bar and wait for the EPG loading animation to stop moving.

After that check the EPG

Been there, done that… No change… The thing is: the supposed icon doesn’t even start moving. I don’t know how to convey this properly, but it seems there’s no background loading going on at all…! And, as I’ve said, I’m not the only one either. If I go to the channel selector (OK) and momentarily highlight each channel, data will be loaded. Same thing if I go into the EPG via either the dedicated button on the remote or the (still; non-animated) icon on the actions bar… I don’t know what happened, but something must have changed in some EPG loading routine or other, affecting XCodes portals in particular. I’ve been using this service for about 4 months before the new version came out, and I’ve never had this problem on the previous version of the software. Neither do I have it on any other application. I tried IPTV Smarters Pro, OTT Player Navigator and a few others. So don’t go and tell me it’s my provider…
    I don’t even know what the animated version of the icon is supposed to look like, because, in the new version, it has never even started animating for me. Not on XCodes, at least. Going by the previous version, I suppose It’d ‘fill’; going from grey to white, starting at the top and going to the bottom of the icon. But it simply sits there, nice and white, as silent as can be, even after clearing the EPG cache.

Again, the EPG data does load if I specifically ‘ask’ for it, but it’s slow as molasses… Not even near to the performance I experienced in the last version of MOL2, with nothing having changed to my settings. It seems as though, for XCodes portals at the very least, some change or other in the software has affected the EPG loading routine… By the way, I would’ve rather had the icon appear somewhere on the screen without me having to go looking for it, at least temporarily (i.e. 10 seconds or something). That way I’d at least know that it was loading, because, as I’ve now said multiple times, it really isn’t for me. Not in the background at least.

If, after reading all this, you still are convinced it should be loading, then please do me the favour of actually posting a video or an image pointing out what it looks like… I’ll post a photo below of what I see after either turning on the box or clearing the EPG cache (which I’ve tried about 3 times already).

On the image below, the red arrow indicates my EPG icon. It doesn’t animate at all. Not after restarting the box, neither after taking it out of standby, nor after clearing EPG cache. The yellow arrow indicates the icon that precedes the frame rate, which hadn’t been established at the time I took this photo. That was the only animating icon on screen at this point in time, or in fact at any time since updating MOL2 to its latest version.

It would have been nice if my box, or that of my neighbour, who also uses an XCodes portal, would exhibit the behaviour you described, but they don’t. I actually even went as far as to take out a trial with another provider, also over XCodes, to see if it was my provider after all, but the trial subscription actually showed the same exact behaviour as my main one. My neighbour was able to confirm that things do work as intended on Stalker portals (he’s converted to XCodes now, but actually could still use his expiring Stalker subscription to test things out), but with Stalker, you lose the ability to watch and record at the same time, as well as some other nice features introduced by this software version (and these features do work as intended).

• When reordering/moving channels is there a way to move through the list faster? For example, I want to move a channel that's at the very bottom of the favorites list to the top but holding down the up button is a very slow and long process. Is there a page up option or faster way to move the channels?

Is there channel rename function? I know Tivimate has the ability but curious if Z8 can as well.

• Hls is after restart on.... But the freezer are realy Bad. Is it possible to go back on the old Firmware?

Nope, unfortunately not, or I would have done the same… And it’s a bummer, too, because the new features are very welcome indeed. But my EPG problem renders some of them quite useless. You need an XCodes-portal with two connections for those to work, yet with an XCodes-portal, the EPG isn’t working properly. As you may have gathered from my previous posts, background loading/refreshing doesn’t (seem to) work. The data loads on demand, but it’s never there when you need it… So, for the time being, I’d love to be able to roll back the previous version of MOL2. That’s not going to happen, though… So I guess I’ll have to wait for a future update before my problem is resolved (see my previous post (#36) for a more detailed description of it).

• After Firmware upgrade to (v7.8.5) Z8 and alpha, after going into VOD and selecting tv series with couple of seasons there is no episodes in season catalog and my tv online 2 crashes immediately. Previous version was: v7.7.1 workin without any problem.

Edited once, last by pauliukas (May 22, 2020 at 10:14 PM).