Official FW 1.4.65 - SW 7.8.5 for Z8/ZAlpha (21.05.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

New official update released for Z8 / Z Alpha.

Firmware Version : 1.4.65

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.5

WARNING:
    Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

If serious errors occur, please do factory reset.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or unplug the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Firmware Version : 1.4.65

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: Turn off Bluetooth pairing requests
      • Android Settings > Security & restrictions > Allow incoming BT pairing requests
    • ADD: Show recording icon in Launcher notification bar when background recording is in progress
    • IMP: Show active values for IP Settings and Proxy Settings in Android Network Settings menu
    • FIX: Portal credentials get erased when new remote config is deployed and overwritten
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.8.5

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• ADD: New User Interface for Live TV
    • ADD: Favorite Channels editor
      • Access from Live > Groups > Press LEFT
      • Add up to 10 different favorite groups
      • Arrange channels in your desired order
      • Up to 300 channels per group
    • ADD: Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals
    • ADD: Settings > HLS Fast Start ON/OFF
      • ON: Ramp up from lowest bitrate first
    • ADD: More Series metadata based on OSD Language
    • ADD: Direct channel number input from Grid EPG
    • IMP: Continuous play from Catchup for XC portals
    • IMP: Removed software update popup for non-essential updates
    • IMP: Move "View catchup in Grid EPG" option to Portal Settings
    • FIX: Catchup/Replay bug when local timeshift is enabled
    • FIX: Displayed fps does not match AFR fps
    • FIX: XMLTV EPG download issue
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

This time with long awaited community features, we hope you like it :smiling_face:

Important Infos:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record one channel, watch another channel for multi-connection XC portals, what means this exactly?

This means, your provider XC Api subscription need to have at least two lines/connections to record one channel and watch another channel. With one single line this not work.Once again, Xtreme Codes Api (XC Api) connection with two included lines/connections works and with single subscription line not.

Nice XC Api works, what is with MAC/ID Stalker portal connection?

With Stalker subscription is recording and watching not possible. Stalker use always one single line/connection for iptv and registered MAC/ID address.Means, if you want to use this feature with your box, then you need to speak with your provider and change to XC Api connection.

Does it works with M3U Playlist?

Yes it works also with M3U playlist, but you should first speak with your provider if you allowed to use this feature with single or need two lines at same time for M3U playlist.
    The user assumes any risk of ban in this case! This depends fully from your provider and permission. Formuler is not responsible for any bans in this case. Pleas check this first with your provider before you use this feature with your m3u playlist.

Is merge possible?

2x XC Api merge is not possible. This MOL2 feature use only XC Api subscription with included multi lines/connections. Some provider give users the possibility to have up to 5 lines/connections in one XC subscription. Depends all from provider. Some supports this and others don`t want to activate this option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have some question, please read first Beta thread, many questions are already answered -> Beta firmware 1.4.63 / Mytvonline 2 software 7.8.1

Screenshots

1698-formuler-00059383-jpg1699-formuler-00044262-jpg

1700-formuler-00098894-jpg

• Official Post

When I’m now holding down V.Format to get picture options, it’s now bringing up the cursor, and I have to press the cursor button to get it away.

Reproduced, thx. for reporting. Somehow is now 3th. command included. Should be fixed with next update.

• Hey I’ve question about that AFR (Auto Frame rate),

When I turnt it on, when I change from HD to FHD channel, For a second screen goes black and

Then it reproduce the FHD channel. Now, when it’s OFF do I still get the FHD quality or 4K or not?

• now changing between channels is slower spatially on epg

i feel like the previous one was better and smother.

i wish we can change between previous interface and the new one, will see soon maybe get better.

Check in the setting if the Auto Frame Rate is ON if yes turn it off then you’ll have smoother changing channels experience

• Official Post

Hey I’ve question about that AFR (Auto Frame rate),

When I turnt it on, when I change from HD to FHD channel, For a second screen goes black and

Then it reproduce the FHD channel. Now, when it’s OFF do I still get the FHD quality or 4K or not?

Of course, you get the same quality but not the desired frame like some users want to have. Some users will not even see any changes in the video smoothness if AFR is On or Off. Must each user check and decide if he should use it or not.

now changing between channels is slower spatially on epg

i feel like the previous one was better and smother.

i wish we can change between previous interface and the new one, will see soon maybe get better.

AFR is holding the video and need to change to proper frame. Turn off AFR in MOL Settings like iWanchek told, then the channel zapping should be fast like always.

• Hi, I've only had my Z8 for about 3 weeks and I must say everything about the device and software is really great. And now with the ability to create several user favourite groups, it is even better. I do have a question - is it possible to rename a group, once it has been created? I've tried all sorts of key strokes, but not found it possible. Many thanks for your guidance

• Hi everyone,

I have a question, is it possible to turn off bluetooth completely?

Also is it possible to change the position of favorite vod items, like holding down the ok button.

• Hi

I seem to have a problem on the new FW. When exiting from watching something on VOD back to live TV, the OSD remains on the screen over the TV channel and doesnt time out. Pressing back on remote does nothing infact all buttons pressed display over the OSD still visiblle. Going to standby and reloading mytvonline recitified. Not sure if it was a 1 off or a bug. Thanks

• Catchup is messed up loads verry slow also says wanna start cloudshifting i normally never get that question..., normally i click it plays now stays loading also if you shift forward continue loading normally shit forward and starts.. catchup jumps van start to end out of nothing...

Also epg loads slow

• With a provider that has catchup the >>Info>>EPG data does not match Info and Grid Guide, when catchup is turned off in connection settings.

When on a channel you press Info the correct data comes up.

When using the guide button the correct info comes up.

When pressing Info and then right arrow to go to EPG data the guide times are off by 2 hours.

I am using EPG Mode set to UTC which should ignore any guide offset. When downloading the guide to xml I can see the channels do have an offset but this should not matter for UTC mode. "<programme start="20200521150000 +0200" stop="20200521160000 +0200" channel="globalns.ca">"

It seems that the Info>>EPG way of viewing data is not honouring the UTC mode.

Screen shots attached.

Clearing EPG data did not alter behaviour. The same behaviour happens on multiple boxes.

Using a provider without catchup does work properly when using UTC mode.