picon update

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all

this is my first post on this forum, so first of all: thank you for your support :smiling_face:

Since I'm experiencing problems with picon too, I use this thread instead of opening a new one.

I'm trying to add picons for some channels (picons that the box unfortunately didn't find & download by itself). I'm following the procedure that 175n has explained on this post, that is:

1. Insert USB containing picons folder into STB
    2. Main Menu > Data Transfer > Data download from USB storage
    3. Press Right arrow on the remote to select "Channel Icon" mode
    4. 'picons' appears in the update window
    5. press OK
    6. done

I'm beginning with a single picon, just to see if it works; I'm (quite) sure that I've correctly prepared the image (.png, 220x132 px, 8bit) but I'm not sure about the snp-index file. Here's the question: how can I know what to write into the file...? In other words: assuming that the named file contains the "logical link" between the channel name (first field) and the picon filename without extension (second field), how can I know the EXACT channel name? Again: can spaces be used, since the example file I've downloaded -from the same thread- doesn't contain spaces (blanks) neither in channel names, nor in picon names? And last: should the file end with <cr/lf>, or what else...?

My test channel is "LA7 HD" on Hotbird (tp 11919V, sid 79, vpid 1440). Assuming than the picon filename is "la7hd.png", what should snp-index contain...? I've tried

la7hd=la7hd

and

la7=la7hd

...but with no luck :frowning_face:

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

• Thank you for your reply, MichaelBe.

But... does it mean that it's not possible to create/update picons by myself on the S Turbo...?

And if the answer to the above question is "yes"... what's the pourpose of the "channel icons" mode of the "Data download from USB storage" menu?

Thank you again

Regards