Official FW 1.4.71 - SW 7.9.1 for Z8 / Z Alpha / Z+ neo (28.07.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• If I press a channel number (e.g. 4), the list appears, starting with 4, followed by 40 through to 49 (in order), followed by 400 through to 499 (in order). Not a single mishap in sorting. All channels are nice and sorted. I just see channel numbers starting with 4, as the list you see is supposed to be a filtered list. In other words each subsequent keypress would narrow the list down further. Tried this in ALL, in Favourite (after having added enough channels to this group to even be able to reproduce it) and in all of my custom groups.

246fname This behaviour does seem odd. My settings are exactly the same as yours, yet, as you can see, with me everything functions as it should. One question: do you use the Classic channel list style, or the Normal channel list style (see Settings)? I use Classic. Not that this should have any influence at all, but you never know…

• If I press a channel number (e.g. 4), the list appears, starting with 4, followed by 40 through to 49 (in order), followed by 400 through to 499 (in order). Not a single mishap in sorting. All channels are nice and sorted. I just see channel numbers starting with 4, as the list you see is supposed to be a filtered list. In other words each subsequent keypress would narrow the list down further. Tried this in ALL, in Favourite (after having added enough channels to this group to even be able to reproduce it) and in all of my custom groups.

246fname This behaviour does seem odd. My settings are exactly the same as yours, yet, as you can see, with me everything functions as it should. One question: do you use the Classic channel list style, or the Normal channel list style (see Settings)? I use Classic. Not that this should have any influence at all, but you never know…

@slashtiger I am using Classic channel style also.

I tried changing channel style and clearing EPG but the results are the same.

I have cleared the cache of MOL2 also and same sorting results.

There has been some different experiences in the past depending on provider data in the EPG/Catchup so it may be related to provider and not MOL2.

Cheers.

• 246fname I don’t necessarily think that it has to do with the EPG, because the issue (mainly) occurs outside of the EPG. However, there may still be a provider-side issue at play here. I didn’t see anything out of place with the channel naming in your photos, but there may well be a hidden character that’s causing this issue to occur.

• 246fname I don’t necessarily think that it has to do with the EPG, because the issue (mainly) occurs outside of the EPG. However, there may still be a provider-side issue at play here. I didn’t see anything out of place with the channel naming in your photos, but there may well be a hidden character that’s causing this issue to occur.

slashtiger I looked closer at the sorted image and see that the catchup channels are sorted after the non-catchup channels. I created a group without catchup channels and it sorts properly when pressing numbers to go to a channel.

The catchup channels must have some additional data that causes them to be lower on the list. Not sure if the sort is an ASCII sort or some other method.

• Hey.

The problem i have talked about with the trailers button don't show in VODs after the last update I now know why.

If I set language to English (United States)

In settings on the box. The trailer button is there.

If I change language to Danish (dansk)

The trailer button is no longer there.

Must be a bug. On my other z8 I did not update. And the language is set to Danish and the trailer button is there. On my other z8 and z alpha with the new update. This bug is there if I change away from English to Danish.

SAM can you test.

• Working on my side with and without language change. I used XC Api for test.

Go to Settings->Apps-> MOL2 and make cache and data delete.

• Working on my side with and without language change. I used XC Api for test.

Go to Settings->Apps-> MOL2 and make cache and data delete.

I use xc portal also.

I just deleted cache and data and change to Danish.

When I go to vod it's like this.

If I change back to English agin I get this

It's the same on two boxes. Z8 and a z alpha.

• soppdk have you tried different films? That is, have you seen this happen with more than one title in the VOD collection? I’m asking this because the Trailer button can direct you to different trailers depending on your display language and properties that the IPTV provider has set. Therefore, if your provider enabled this in their portal, there may not be a Danish trailer for the film in question. My suggestion is to try and see what happens if you search for a Danish title (it doesn’t even have to be one you really intend to watch; just pick some random title and see if the Trailer button is there when your System Language is set to Danish.

• soppdk have you tried different films? That is, have you seen this happen with more than one title in the VOD collection? I’m asking this because the Trailer button can direct you to different trailers depending on your display language and properties that the IPTV provider has set. Therefore, if your provider enabled this in their portal, there may not be a Danish trailer for the film in question. My suggestion is to try and see what happens if you search for a Danish title (it doesn’t even have to be one you really intend to watch; just pick some random title and see if the Trailer button is there when your System Language is set to Danish.

Hey. As I said in my first post. This is and have always been working. With Danish and still do whit the old firmware/mol2 om my z8 it only started after I updated to the new firmware/mol2.

And yes I have tryed more then 100 movies from English to Danish, Swedish and so on. There are no trailers if I set it to Danish on the last firmware/mol2 update.

I only used the same movie for pictures, so Sam cloud see the button was missing.

I only get the trailer button if language is set to any of the English or France.

I also tested with changing to Espanol, Deutschland, Italiano, norsk, Nederlands

Same problem No trailer button.

I tested with many movies.

The box I'm.testing with now is a z alpha. Just installed everything yesterday. I also tried resetting it.

Also tried with more portals.

Edited once, last by soppdk ().

• Soppdk is right.

The Traler function disappears if I select certain Menu Languages in Mol2

If I select: - Settings - Swedish as Menu Language, the Trailer-function is gone.

I have tried ALL languages and only when I select English, French and Lituviu as Menu Language can I get the Trailer function.

• Just one idea for test. Reinstall current youtube app from box and install latest youtube app from playstore and chek again. Trailers comes from youtube.

• I just did the test.

1 : I installed YouTube from Google play store

And it's the same.

2: I also tryed updating the YouTube app from apptroid to a newer version also same.

No trailers.