Formuler S Turbo - problems with CAM CI+ Digiquest HD Tivùsat

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi SAM,

I tried to search out within the forum if there was an open thread on Digiquest HD Tivùsat CAM CI+ but I didn't find anything.

I am getting issues with the Digiquest HD CAM CI+ , my Formuler S Turbo has latest firmware released and Cateye2 plugin installed in status Start and Auto.

When I turn on the box , the system try to initializate the CAM but randomly the process get stuck at 30% or 60% or 90%.

I tried to switch off Cataeye2 , delete and re-install rebooting the system before to re-activate the plugin but I did not improve so much, the initialization process get stuck.:frowning_face:

Please find here the picture with the CAM CI+ details:

Is there any chance to let the CAM CI+ running ?

Thanks,

Matteo

• I am getting issues with the Digiquest HD CAM CI+ , my Formuler S Turbo has latest firmware released and Cateye2 plugin installed in status Start and Auto.

When I turn on the box , the system try to initializate the CAM but randomly the process get stuck at 30% or 60% or 90%.

Do you know if you have first to change to some extra channel to get the full initialisation? Same like with HD+ where you need to start with HD+ channel and then initialise the Module and Card.

• That's a good question, looking the CAM instructions I don't see any guidance on this. While looking the card to be inserted in the CAM there is a guidance on how to activate the first time. They ask to turn on any encrypted channel and leave it until is activated.

Not sure what else I could do..

• The card/content supplier offers also in most cases on his site (your account) the possibility to activate again the card if offline. Second i would also check in Module Menu on S Turbo or other STB if there is update firmware for your module and update.

• Thanks SAM for the support the card has been activated online through service provider website.

Trough the Module menu available in Formuler S when I select to update the CAM firmare nothing happens.

I will look if the manufacturer of the CAM released on his website. Anyhow if I will find it how can I update via Formuler S USB the firmware of the CAM?

Do you have any guidance for "dummies"?

• The CAM search alone for updates when you activate this in CAM menu but to be honest 50% of them doesn`t update like they should, do not find correct update channel or the update for current version is not available. Therefore try also with some other STB to update, just to be sure. The Guidance you can find on manufacturer site from your CAM. If this works all correctly the Module can find new firmware if you start the update from CI menu.

Correct files are hard to find and if you find some, you need extra hardware to flash the CI Module without stb.