Official FW 1.4.80 - SW 7.10.2 for Z8 pro / Z8 / Z Alpha / Z+ neo (16.11.2020)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

You spoke and we listened! We have just released new software for Z8 Pro, Z8, Z Alpha, and Z+ Neo.

These release notes provide the most up-to-date information about new features, known issues, and improvements so please read them through for more information.

One of the great things about the new software update is the filter only Favorites on Live. You can access this new function from the classic channel list by pressing the red key on the remote control.

There are also more features that you have always wanted. You can now track progress and resume playback in Recordings and check the added date on VOD.

We recommend users install this update to enjoy better features and more stable functionality.

You can always download the free OTA software updates directly from your device using the built-in update app.

Firmware Version : 1.4.80

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.10.2

WARNING:

Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

If serious errors occur, please do factory reset.

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or unplug the power supply, could damage the box. The reboot after update needs always much more time then usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install.

Firmware Version : 1.4.80

Fixes & Improvements:

• NEW: Change system screenshot path. Home > Launcher Settings > Screenshot path
    • FIX: Z Alpha Bluetooth issue
    • FIX: Crash fix for some OTT apps
    • FIX: CEC on/off switch state not saved
    • FIX: Deployment tools bug that appeared in beta release. (Allow user portals parameter bug)
    • IMP: Updated system time zones
    • IMP: NAS mount now visible to other apps
    • IMP: Rename "HDMI Auto Adaption" & change behavior to "Auto-select BEST resolution"
    • IMP: Block incoming Bluetooth files. Use Android Settings > Security > Allow incoming BT requests: OFF
    • IMP: Disconnect and reconnect BT Audio devices without re-pairing
    • IMP: Updated remote deployment template
    • IMP: CEC: Wake up TV with Formuler. Wake up Formuler with TV (Must use Standby power mode)
    • IMP: Memory utilization optimizations
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements

MYTVOnline 2 : 7.10.2

New Features, Fixes & Improvements:

• NEW: Live > Filter only Favorites. Activate from Classic Channel List > Filter (Red hotkey)
    • NEW: Recordings > track progress and resume playback
    • NEW: VOD Details > Date Added
    • NEW: Auto-detect API portal from m3u URL
    • FIX: Danish subtitle display issue
    • FIX: EPG offset issue with certain services
    • FIX: Audio Track Language not displayed for some contents
    • FIX: Menu navigation issue for services with no Live TV section
    • FIX: Issue with Maximum catchup (replay) days
    • FIX: picon display issues
    • FIX: Edit Groups > Cannot select certain Groups
    • FIX: Online subtitles not displayed immediately after download
    • FIX: Player controls do not timeout according to OSD Timeout parameter
    • FIX: Episode list scrolling issue on certain portals
    • FIX: VOD ends early if paused
    • FIX: Cannot delete new recordings
    • FIX: Opus audio playback issue
    • IMP: Opensubtitles > add all languages
      • Set preferred languages from Settings > Player Options > Online Subtitles
    • IMP: Cursor position automatically moved to last watched index in episode list
    • IMP: Improved Skip Ahead performance
    • IMP: Scheduled Recordings: Resolve single instance of series conflict
    • IMP: Warn before powering off if recording is in progress
    • NEW: Menu Translation: Slovenčina
    • IMP: Improved Swedish, French Translation (Thanks tvman, GoodGood)
    • Bug fixes, optimizations, and performance enhancements
    • Official Post

This is official and not Beta. Reported bugs through beta are fixed in this official release.

• Since I put this update on every time I try to open mytvonline it won't open says

Mytvonile2 has stopped open app again I even tried a factory reset still get the same how can I resolve this have the z8 thanks

• Since I put this update on every time I try to open mytvonline it won't open says

Mytvonile2 has stopped open app again I even tried a factory reset still get the same how can I resolve this have the z8 thanks

Try to reinstall or clear the cache memory.

• my box is not connecting after the update, no signal says the tv but the led is green.

any ideas?

• I am not sure if this is known but playback from history is not working, after clicking the movie it does nothing , I see a loading circle for a very brief moment but it does not start, looking the movie up in my VOD's will play it back.

I did no further testing yet and I also did not clean cache yet, I just tried to watch after the update was done.

• is the tv supports CEC?

explain the issue in more detail.

Yes.

Now I can control the box with my TV remote.

When I shutdown my TV the box shutdown too.

Only thing that doesn't work is when I start my box the TV don't start. Or vice versa.

So, my TV supports CEC. (on my PS4 every option works great)

• My Z8 is connected to my soundsystem (Yamaha RX-V485) via HDMI - CEC, so that the soundsystem automatically switches on when the Z8 box witches on (from standby) and the sound is transferred to the soundsystem. Before the update (to Beta and now) this official release, the sound was always transferred to the soundsystem at switch-on of the Z8, no issues ever.

After the update I notice that although the soundsystem switches on, sometimes the sound is not being transferred to the soundsystem... The correct input source is selected, but no sound is coming in...

Switching the Z8 off and back on again mostly resolves the issue...

Advanced settings are:

Enable CEC - ON

Turn off with TV - ON

Switch on with TV - ON

Use TV remote controller - OFF

Could this be the result of (a bug in) the new CEC: Turn on TV / Turn off TV option settings?

• Thanks for the feedback. So I made a few more tests...

I only get this work (Wake up TV with Formuler/Wake up Formuler with TV) if I put the box in standby mode.