Work with Nvidia Shield?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I love this remote with my formuler. Does anyone know if it will work with an nvidia shield? Things like the guide and the record button?

• Hello,

Since this thread talk about the Nvidia Sheild... Pairing the remote was no problem and everything is working accordingly. The problem I have is that as soon as I turn off the Sheild, the connection between the remote and the Sheild is lost. So I have to re-pair again and again. Anyboby has the same problem? Would like to get the Formuler remote app to update the remote but the app is not available to non Formuler devices like the Nvidia Sheild! Anyone has a solution? Thank's!

• Official Post

This happens because NS cut the Bluetooth connection when goes into standby, nothing unusual for this scenario. Please don`t forget this RCU was made in first line for Formuler boxes.

• Nothing unusual ! Bluetooth is supposed to be standard. Ain't NS suppose to be the reference! Not trying to be a "wise guy" here but advertising sould be "compatible with Formuler devices". I trust Formuler since I already owned a Z7 and a Z8. I'm now stuck with a 40$ paper weight/door stopper!

• Official Post

Ok, seems i need to be more clear. With nothing unusual i was meaning after NS reboote or Power off the Bluetooth is with BT1 disconnected. BT1 change then into IR Mode ( Orange led). With using Sleep Mode on NS, both stay connected and you can wake up NS from sleep.

• This remote is an excellent concept and works as intended for Formuler devices. However, it only partially works with Nvidia Shield TV boxes. The main issue is non-availability of Formuler GTV Remote app on Nvidia Shield TV box. You can't even side load the GTV Remote app on to other non-formuler boxes. Without the app the remote is pretty much useless to configure RGBY buttons, other IR keys etc.

Not sure they the remote app is restricted to formuler devices only.

• Official Post

This remote is an excellent concept and works as intended for Formuler devices. However, it only partially works with Nvidia Shield TV boxes. The main issue is non-availability of Formuler GTV Remote app on Nvidia Shield TV box. You can't even side load the GTV Remote app on to other non-formuler boxes. Without the app the remote is pretty much useless to configure RGBY buttons, other IR keys etc.

Not sure they the remote app is restricted to formuler devices only.

The GTV-BT1 and Formuler Retmoe app are compatible with Formuler devices only.