Network storage keeps dismounting

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi Everyone

I use WD My Cloud storage which keeps unmounting. I assume I need to set a static up address? but am not sure if I have to change the configuration on my Z8 or the WD My Cloud or my BT router (I'm on Plusnet) and what numbers I have to use.

Can anyone give me an idiots/novices (simple) guide on how to stop the network storage from dismounting please?

• I had that for a while when booting I watched at top corner, On reboot wireless symbol then Nas then VPN when VPN started Nas went off.

I haven't used it for ages I'll have another look.

1 Tb drive on Z8's so I wasn't that bothered.

I put NAS together out of spare bits to test as I kept seeing stuff about it

• I had that for a while when booting I watched at top corner, On reboot wireless symbol then Nas then VPN when VPN started Nas went off.

I haven't used it for ages I'll have another look.

1 Tb drive on Z8's so I wasn't that bothered.

I put NAS together out of spare bits to test as I kept seeing stuff about it

It seems to dismount when I click on the OK button on my new BT1 GTV remote. When I want to change channels on Mytvoline, I often find that the left and down buttons do not take me back to the sub channels, so I have to click on OK if that makes sense.

• It still goes off when Vpn starts. From boot

when I start after it stays connected when pressing any buttons.

I will set it as preferred drive and see how it goes

It is probably in a setting that I don't know but even when I manually switch VPN on/off it stops NAS connection.

I have my other Z8 mounted and it also kicks that.

This will drive me nuts now LOL haven't used since May

cheers m8

Edited 2 times, last by v8rick: Tried something else needed to add ().

• I have just got Nas started ( Do you know password LOL)

Its been a while I didn't have BT1 then. I'll have a play

As far as I know the password to enter is the same as you use on you Network storage device. I no longer have the original WD My Cloud password as I changed it.

• I've tried to replicate the conditions and/or remote buttons but so far it hasn't discounted. However ss you mentioned VPN I connected my Nord and it does keep disconnecting. I think on this occasion it happened when I clicked on the return button on my BT1 GTV remote.

Even with my limited knowledge I assume connecting a VPN changes the (Z8) devices up address. However, in the network settings the network path is the up address of the storage device ie WD My Cloud plus /username.

Hope I'm making sense.

• Strange. Well I tried to replicate the dismount (excluding VPN issue) by playing around with the remote and it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. One time after I turned Z8 off it dismounted but that's not happened since. In the Network settings there is an option to reconnect on start up which I've always had ticked. Hopefully you or someone else can throw some light on the issue, with and/or without VPN connected

• Strange. Well I tried to replicate the dismount (excluding VPN issue) by playing around with the remote and it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment. One time after I turned Z8 off it dismounted but that's not happened since. In the Network settings there is an option to reconnect on start up which I've always had ticked. Hopefully you or someone else can throw some light on the issue, with and/or without VPN connected

Mine is ticked also

• How to set Z8 and NAS for recording and timeshift over network.

Btw: Using VPN and NAS at same time with unmount from NAS is already known issue and normal, because the box change the ip.

• How to set Z8 and NAS for recording and timeshift over network.

Btw: Using VPN and NAS at same time with unmount from NAS is already known issue and normal, because the box change the ip.

Thank you Sam. So the NAS (ie WD My Cloud) has to have a static ip address AND so does the Z8. Am I correct please?

I know it maybe a silly question to you but do the two devices have the same ip or must the be different but just static?

• Thank you Sam. So the NAS (ie WD My Cloud) has to have a static ip address AND so does the Z8. Am I correct please?

NAS with changeable ip doesn`t make sense in local Network if you want connect other devices with NAS. So yes, NAS should have static IP and if you use the box and NAS often together then it`s easier to give both devices static ip and the static ip from Z8 to set on NAS with full control.

I know it maybe a silly question to you but do the two devices have the same ip or must the be different but just static?

Always different ip`s, never same, otherwise you would have device conflict!

• NAS with changeable ip doesn`t make sense in local Network if you want connect other devices with NAS. So yes, NAS should have static IP and if you use the box and NAS often together then it`s easier to give both devices static ip and the static ip from Z8 to set on NAS with full control.

Always different ip`s, never same, otherwise you would have device conflict!

Thank you Sam.

I know understand that NAS and Z8 should both have static up addresses but both must be different. Thank you