GTV - user opinion needed please

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all

I’m looking for some advice from people that have experienced the products mentioned below.

I currently have a Z8 box and was looking at buying a ****** ****** ** *** because I was really being drawn to their 4K upscaling.

Then I noticed formuler had released a new box, the GTV which looks really nice. I have been really happy with my Z8 so I don’t have any real reason to change from formuler, like I said it was the 4K upscaling that was turning my head.

So my questions are:

• Does anyone know how the GTV box compares to the ****** ****** ** ***?

• Does anyone know how the GTV box compares to the Z8 (non pro version)?

• Does anyone know if formuler would ever implement 4K upscaling into any of their devices?

• Does anyone know if formuler will release another version of the remote that comes with the GTV that is backlit?

I’m not really too interested in a direct spec comparison, I know all the devices I have mentioned are different and maybe shouldn’t be compared directly.

I want to know about usability, features and quality.

I also only really want to hear from people that have used the devices, not from people that just have an opinion without having used them.

Thanks in advance

Russell

Edited once, last by Russell: Added little *'s in place of product name to avoid offending anyone else ().

• Can't really say which is better as it depends on the TV you are watching on.

Have seen Z7+5G, Z8 and Z8 pro on Samsung, Old Sony, LG and LG OLED.

Best picture was on LG OLED

• Yes i can, Quality its just awfull... On movies, on streams, series, whatever...

Usage is better when connected by credentials then mac, more options when comes to vod, even youtube option for trailer is shown. By mac you get nothing. Just cover, some info from imdb and thats it.

Lots of small freezes. Stuff that never happened with my alpha or z8.

Puzzled as all 3 have MYTVOnline 2 and best method for portal is by credentials.

On subject of TV, my cousin just got LG cx OLED and it's awesome.

• Official Post

Does anyone know how the GTV box compares to the ****** ****** ** ***?

a. N*** is few years on the Market and made many fixes and improvements in the Software. Sure the box is fully developed but not always perfect. How ever i don`t want to say something bad about this box, have some good features but also place for some improvements. Depends all from user and needs.

How ever the box doesn`t have MOL2 :winking_face:

b. GTV is since one Month on Market and very new. Focus is MOL2 and the use of ATV OS for such users that need this OS. Other Formuler boxes use all AOSP OS. After launch of new box there is always enough place for improvements, some bugs that need to be fixed etc. But.. this will change with future updates , step by step.

Does anyone know how the GTV box compares to the Z8 (non pro version)?

2. Same. MOL2 works fine like on Z8.

Does anyone know if formuler would ever implement 4K upscaling into any of their devices?

3. I guess you mean the new 4K up. feature in last Box from N****. Sorry, but i don`t have answer for this question.

Does anyone know if formuler will release another version of the remote that comes with the GTV that is backlit?

Maybe in the future, but for sure not in next period.

• Thanks Sam

• Many people don't know or have forgot that when Z8 was released it also had bugs and issues, but after some time everything was patched and fixed. For me this is normal for a brand new device and of course Formuler devs can't detect all the bugs, this is impossible, they need us to detect and report them. I am not worried at all about this, you will see in some time everything will be patched and fixed just like it was for Z8. There is always room for improvements, so let's make it easier for devs and report all the bugs and issues to Formuler. Complaining will not solve anything, let's make GTV the best box !

• Official Post

Betas are open for all, so each one can install beta when this comes, test and report in beta threads.