GTV VS Z8

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• For the best picture quality with IPTV you should use a Linux box.

• Official Post

And why? Please explain the difference between some other linux box vs Formuler box with same iptv content.

• The main reason is that you have advanced settings for setting up the best picture quality.

• For the best picture quality with IPTV you should use a Linux box.

I do not believe this to be true . Linux boxes are very limited in their capabilites and no longer support new graphics or video-decoding technologies(with older boxes, anyway). Therefore , i would not recommend these type of boxes for most people moving forward.

• Official Post

We will not make this thread now off topic or long discussion from this, except we move this postings into new thread and continue, but what you telling here is to compare apple with pear, espec. when we talk about integrated chipset and GPU`s . I have few working Linux boxes (Sat., Cable and IPTV inside) and almost all Formuler boxes for watching and testing. So, compare between this boxes is for me normal and i do it often. What can we compare here, Sat. and Cable picture quality definitive not, only IPTV PQ. From all iptv boxes out there deliver Hisilicon chipset the best picture and with right PQ Settings calibration, the best what you can get with IPTV content. So much people doesn`t even know that deactivated "deep color control settings" on TV takes you away the opportunity on Formuler box to use other Video color space & HDMI deep color, just for example. To make it short, with good settings on TV, your Box and PQ Settings you will always have the best IPTV picture out there, of course depends always from used content.

Btw. I don`t understand why we start to speak at some point about Linux boxes when we compare GTV vs Z8? This makes the thread off topic and you know that "unknown"!

• I like the GTV BT remote much better than Z8, I hated pin pointing to the device. Picture quality on iptv streams is better with Z8 no questions but let's see if Formuler can "iron this out". No WiFi external antenna on GTV (thankfully), the one on Z8 broke after few days (it became loose and did not stand up lol).

I would definitely not buy Z8 or Z8 Pro again with their dreadful IR remotes and mobile Android instead of Android TV.

• I like the GTV BT remote much better than Z8, I hated pin pointing to the device. Picture quality on iptv streams is better with Z8 no questions but let's see if Formuler can "iron this out". No WiFi external antenna on GTV (thankfully), the one on Z8 broke after few days (it became loose and did not stand up lol).

I would definitely not buy Z8 or Z8 Pro again with their dreadful IR remotes and mobile Android instead of Android TV.

I agree with you on the remotes being archaic