Can't remove software update app

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• My z8 won't do a software update to the most recent version. To hopefully solve the problem I want to uninstall and reinstall the software update app. When I try and uninstall the software update app it won't allow me to. It says "software update uninstall fail" . So I'm stuck. I can't do a software update and I also can't remove and reinstall the app that's responsible for the update.. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks!

• Hi Melvi. I did not. Does a factory reset typically require me to get in touch with my IPTV provider to get it up and running again? Also could I try clearing the cache and data on the app and forcing a stop to see if that helps

• The screen was black with only the channel information on it. I noticed the software wasnt updating and thought that may be the problem. The box says it is updated to the most recent version but within the software update app it shows a newer version . I thought it may be a problem with the update app. so I thought I'd reinstall it. but when I try and uninstall it won't let me.