4k x265 playback

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi team,

I am trying to play a movie which is a "MKV" file format, that has the codec: x265 HEVC 10bit. The audio is available in DTS and in AC3. The problem is that I can't really play this file. The movie is going really slow and shakes a lot! I tried MX-player and VLC player and also tried editting [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] in these apps. I thought this Formuler IPTV box could play 4k movies like the x265 codec!?! The MX-Player app has the x265 10bit codec in its decoder list, but how come it doesnt playback well?

Which app should I use to play these types of file or what am i doing wrong :smiling_face:

Thanks in advance for those who might help me out here.

• Official Post

This explain why you can`t play your MKV file.
    It supports only max. H.265 Main [email protected] High-tier and not H.265/HEVC Main/Main 10 profile@level 5.1 high-tier!
    Next generation will support H.265/HEVC Main/Main 10 profile@level 5.1 high-tier and your MKV file with Main 10 profile.

• Are you kidding me??? So i have to buy the next generation formuler? Hahaha, what a joke.

Have a look at the product page please:

http://www.formuler.tv/iptv

it clearly states it supports "H.265 HEVC".

So I just spend 120 euro on a box that cant even handle a 4k file. You should really remove that picture, because this is one of the main reason I bought this box. This is a scam and very bad support!