Video issue when connected through the Samsung Soundbar Q80R

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi guys,

I have a Samsung TV with a Samsung Soundbar (Q80R). When I plug my Formuler GTV in the soundbar, I have audio but no video... Amazon Fire TV works through the Soundbar, same with the NVIDIA Shield. I don't know why but the Formuler GTV doesn't want to show video when connected through my soundbar. Everything is fine when I connect the GTV directly to my TV.

Does anybody already has this issue?

Thanks!

• Official Post

Turn off SDR to HDR on the GTV

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi, I have the same problem with my Formuler GTV and my Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar. On the Formuler GTV box I don't see a SDR to HDR option (anymore). I only see the option Always HDR and Adaptive HDR. The setting is on Adaptive HDR. I tried all kinds of different settings but nothing has worked so far.

I have connected my monitor to the Soundbar via the HDMI TV/ARC and my Formuler GTV box to the HDMI 1 connection of the soundbar. My Blu-ray player is connected to the HDMI 2 connection of the soundbar.

When the GTV is connected to the Samsung soundbar, the video displays well when I boot up the GTV from the beginning. When I set the GTV to standby mode and switch the GTV back on again the screen doesn't display properly anymore. Every couple of seconds it shows the screen for a split second and then disappears again. The only remedy is to pull the power plug out of the GTV and start it up again. Then the video will work as long as everything stays switched on. Please help, this problem is very annoying. My Blu-ray player which is also connected via the Soundbar does not cause any problems.

The GTV has one HDMI connection and no optical connections. A direct connection of the GTV box to the TV / monitor is not an option, because then I only have video but no audio. My monitor has one HDMI connection and one DisplayPort connection. The only solution I can think of is a HDMI audio / video splitter and a HDMI to displayport adapter. I connect the splitter to the GTV box and send the audio to the Soundbar and the video directly to the monitor. But this solution shouldn't have to be necessary and is costly as well.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Rohin Mehra