Android 10 Upgrade for FORMULER GTV

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Android 10 Upgrade for FORMULER GTV

Firmware Version : 10.0.15

MYTVOnline 2 for GTV : 10.0.16

WARNING:

Install and use at your own risk. Software cannot be rolled back after installation.

HowTo Install:

1. Settings > Device Prefs. > About > System Update or

2. Wait for the update notification to appear on the Launcher and press the "details" button

The install process and reboot works automatically! Please don`t turn off the box or plug out the power supply, could damage the box.

The reboot after update needs always much longer than usual, please be patinate and let the box finish the install. If necessary reboot later once again.

We need to collect data and feedbacks on one place, please report in this thread only. Thank you for your understanding.

Change Log:

Firmware Version : 10.0.15

• NEW: Upgrade to Android 10 Operating System
    • NEW: Integrate more Launcher channels for MYTVOnline2
      • Favorite and Recent Live TV & VOD
    • NEW: Google Assistant integration for MYTVOnline2 Live TV channel search
      • Press the Google Assistant button on your remote and just say the channel name!
    • NEW: Mount Network Attached Storage (NAS)
      • Access from Settings > Device Prefs. > Storage > Network Storage
    • NEW: Enable 4K DCI output resolution for projectors
    • NEW: Add support for PlayStation:registered: DS4 1st generation controllers (USB and BT)
    • NEW: Add support for F-360 Wireless Game Pad
    • NEW: Save screenshots to local or external storage
      • Toggle from Settings > Device Prefs. > Storage > Screenshot path
    • NEW: Bluetooth audio devices > easily toggle between BT audio and HDMI audio
    • FIX: Manually input DNS not saved
    • FIX: Device reboots when playing certain contents
    • FIX: Crash when opening NAS menu if IPv6 is enabled
    • IMP: HDR-SDR display policy (Default: Adaptive mode)
    • IMP: Dark volume bar
    • IMP: Screensaver disabled during software update

MYTVOnline 2 for GTV : 10.0.16

• NEW: Toggle 'Auto-connect to last portal' ON/OFF
      • Access from Settings Menu
    • NEW: Recordings > Resume Playback
    • NEW: Integrate alternate player to handle more media formats
    • NEW: Add option to Disable Adult content lock
      • Access from Settings > Parental Options
    • NEW: Add USB Tuner Support for Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB-T
    • NEW: Add USB Tuner Support for Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD ATSC
    • NEW: Add USB Tuner Support for Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q ATSC
    • FIX: Video stuttering issue
    • FIX: Black screen or Initialization Exception issue
    • FIX: Portal loading issues
    • FIX: Audio track list display issue
    • FIX: HLS Adaptive bitrate playback issues
    • FIX: 'Failed to load VOD data' error
    • FIX: Favorites not saved for certain m3u
    • FIX: m3u parsing issue
    • FIX: Incorrect resolution badge shown in Info banner for HEVC channels
    • FIX: No sound on some channels when Digital Audio Format is set to Auto
    • FIX: Audio track display issue
    • FIX: Multi-Adult category & channel lock issues
    • FIX: Video freezing issue related to streams with poor PTS encoding
    • FIX: Subtitle sync issue with certain contents
    • IMP: API portal > Improved search logic
    • IMP: Auto-scroll long category names
    • IMP: Improved French Translation
    • IMP: Add new translations: Polski, Norsk Bokmål

Please, do not open other threads and ask for support if you have some issues with this Upgrade! Use this thread for all questions related to this Android 10 upgrade, issues and reports. Thank you.

• Official Post

I have a request to all who have carried out the new upgrade.

Please post your reports and questions after you have tested the box for several hours and restarted a few times. The quick posting immediately after something does not work for the moment, only unsettles others.

Please take your time, restart the box few times and check all possible combinations. In most cases the issue will move by own. If not, report in this thread.

Keep in mind, this is not only update, it is very big upgrade, with new OS and many fixes and new features. So, if big issues appear think about factory reset.

Thank you for your understanding.

Nice greetings from summer holidays , far away :smiling_face:

• Official Post

Awesome work Sam. Thks so much.

Thanks should go to the devs.,175n, Jennie in first line and of course also to all our helpers in closed alpha and beta, for testing and reporting on many other places on this earth :winking_face:

• Awesome work. I have not find any issues with the update. I was using the open beta as well and now subtitles works (Swedish) + VOD data load failed error is gone which I did had before.

A lot of hard work and great to see the GTV progress. The support/devs did reply me very fast with the subtitles issue for finding a solution.

• thanks for all the work gone into this update unfortunately still hasn't fixed one issue that's annoying me

I had to do a factory reset a while back since then my gtv will not play a certain vod sub with built in player vlc,mx player not a problem

My z8pro will play the same sub with built in player

Answers on a post card please

• I want to thank everyone for this update.

Finally the network drive option is here and i feel the entire update made everything run waaay faster then before which is also very nice.

Also i like the addition of favorite movies and series on home page.

All in all wonderfull work guys!

• Hi Sam!! As mentioned on the other thread that was closed, after updating the GTV, it still doesn't have the USB DVB-T2 option. Is this an upgrade that is to come or is an issue with this update?

Regards!

• Thanks should go to the devs.,175n, Jennie in first line and of course also to all our helpers in closed alpha and beta, for testing and reporting on many other places on this earth :winking_face:

yes i have test closed beta and open beta so i can say is big diffrent in android 10

So Good work Sam

• Official Post

As mentioned on the other thread that was closed, after updating the GTV, it still doesn't have the USB DVB-T2 option. Is this an upgrade that is to come or is an issue with this update?

Which dvbt usb stick are you trying to use? Name and version? Check the changelog in first post to find out which one is supported.

• Updated and connected the GTV to my QNAP NAS for recording. All seems well.

𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦! :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: