VPN

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I’ve noticed over the past week or so that when using both Express VPN and Surfshark on GTV it sometimes seems to make the screen go black for a moment and then comes back on.

Other times it seems to interrupt the channel and makes the channel go black so I have to disconnect the vpn and the channel comes back on

Initially I though maybe it was Express VPN as that’s my main one but also tried my other which is Surfshark and same result.

It happens every so often and randomly so not any fixed time interval.

I do not experience the same issue on Z8 Pro, I can leave that running for days with no issue at all.

It wasn’t an apparent issue when In closed beta testing or open beta, only since full release so take it as I have the latest version of everything.

Full reset to factory was done before any install and another since just to be sure.

• Official Post

Do you see the on-screen menus when the screen goes black?

Are you saying the entire screen goes black?

Or are you saying the video stream goes black?

Turn off AFR if you have it enabled and try again.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• The screen completely goes black for a second or two and then sometimes comes back on.

If it doesn’t come on, I can click to change channel however in most instances I have to disconnect the vpn for the channel to kick in and reconnect the vpn if I want to continue using it. If I leave the screen blank and do nothing, eventually after a few mins it brings up invalid exception response error.

I don’t use AFR, always turned off.

As advised in first post though, this appears isolated to GTV as I don’t get the same result on Z8.

Also used the devices on multiple TVs with the same results.

• Try using different VPN protocol in your VPN app.

When the screen goes black, press the INFO button on the remote to see if the entire screen is black or if just the player window went black.

Already checked different protocols and in fairness that shouldn’t make a difference anyway based on the fact no issues with one box and an issue with the other, express and surfshark use different protocols so if it’s happening on both then it’s unlikely to be vpn issue. Additionally the vpn can auto choose protocol based on network as well as manual.

I remember there was a vpn issue highlighted against GTV in previous updates so the issue may have reared its head again.

Also as mentioned there was no issue in closed or open beta only since final release so could be a discrepancy somewhere.

Everything should generally work out the gate and it’s not suitable for anyone to keep having to swap and change this that and the other just to try and get something to work correctly.

The fact that it does it on one box but not the old faithful of z8 is clear enough to highlight there’s an issue.

I do thank you for trying to explore various options and if anyone else uses express vpn and surfshark all the time whilst using the GTV could share their thoughts if they have an issue or not then it would be appreciated. Actually if anyone else uses any vpn all the time like me, on device then it would be interesting to see if they get the same result

• SAM

I was wondering if this issue has been looked at from Formuler perspective?

Still having an issue when using a vpn

I have two vpns on the go and the same issue.

It’s preventing stable connection to watch tv.

Hate to compare but there’s no problem on Z8….

As soon as vpn is off there’s no issue but turn it on and issue is straight away.

Not ideal for people like me who use a vpn all the time.

• I completely disagree

No issues incurred until the last update

Maybe consider reading the first post in this chain before assuming

Additionally it’s well known that issues with GTV previously when using a VPN of which seemed to be resolved and then started again after last update.

• Contact the people who made your VPN app to see what they say

• Come on guys don’t be silly.

So what you’re saying is that both Surfshark and arguably the biggest vpn provider Express VPN are at fault?

2 separate vpn providers, multiple differences in setup, locations, protocols etc etc.

I really do like Formuler boxes but I have to be honest some people are just reluctant to accept there might be an issue Formuler side. The keyword is “might”.

The most common nonsense is completing 500 resets or contact provider or change Ethernet cable, change this and that and do this and that when in reality a quick consideration message from Formuler saying we will look into and evaluate our side and the go from there.

I do thank you all for your comments but honestly sometimes it gets so frustrating and it puts me off posting for assistance because comments literally don’t help at all. I read comments each time and the same nonsense is provided and you’re not helping people.

If I’m telling you that the issue arose after the latest update then it’s worth investigating.

I was in the closed beta tests and there was no issue so something has changed and if in my opinion nothing my side then Formuler so look their side.

The issue is not apparent on cheap firesticks and my apps on there along with iOS, so how can it be the vpn provider for goodness sake.

At least when I’m providing support I work with the person to resolve it and then point the finger elsewhere as a last resort.

I don’t want to get test lines, I don’t want to change this and that and don’t want to keep contacting other companies, I want Formuler to take the issue seriously. That’s all I ask.

Now if you don’t have proper advice to give please can you refrain from commenting and still, I wait for Formuler to address it.

Thank you

• We could now collect from many other users videos with working VPN`s on GTV (including me, with Nord VPN) but i think this would nothing change, you have already your opinion and are now only in attack modus. Your last post tells everything and this doesn`t deserve any comment!

GTV is maybe not bug free, but Formuler works on it.

To say, support from us and what we do here is nonsense + to tell including Forum owner he should stop to comment, is very, very bad move from you.

I guess bunch of hours i spend in our conversations are also nonsense? Thank you, very motivating. To continue now with text and explain would be also nonsense, in that case thread closed!

Ps. Some people should ask them self, how they speak with others! Nice and patinate discussions can move big rocks, bad ends how they started.