Remote GTV-IR1 z8 pro Not working

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello. Have had my z8 pro for three months. Working fine. Remote is the GTV-IR1.

Today, just going up and down in the channel list, suddenly no reaction. White LED on remote works.

Tried 6 batteries, reboot, restart, power off z8. Nothing.

I tried insert the IR extender sensor, nothing UNTIL i make them touch (remote and sensor) in one special angle the remote works! Need to hold really still. See picture.

So wonder what is the issue, remote or box? Luckily i can use the Air Sync Remote-Z for now, but need to know what is broken.

• Official Post

Please check and try the steps below to see if it helps resolve your issue:

• Replace the batteries in the remote with new batteries
    • REMOVE the IR extender from the back of the device and try the remote again
    • Test the remote using your phone camera
      1) Turn your camera on your phone/tablet
      2) Point the remote at the camera and push a button you feel is unresponsive
      3) Look for a blinking light coming from the front of the remote in the camera app on the phone/tablet screen.
      4) If you see a blinking light the remote is working correctly - if no blinking light the remote is not working properly.

If the remote still does not work properly, please provide the information below to assist you better.

• Provide the Part Number (PN) from the bottom of your device

Thanks,

• Please check and try the steps below to see if it helps resolve your issue:

• Replace the batteries in the remote with new batteries
    • REMOVE the IR extender from the back of the device and try the remote again
    • Test the remote using your phone camera
      1) Turn your camera on your phone/tablet
      2) Point the remote at the camera and push a button you feel is unresponsive
      3) Look for a blinking light coming from the front of the remote in the camera app on the phone/tablet screen.
      4) If you see a blinking light the remote is working correctly - if no blinking light the remote is not working properly.

If the remote still does not work properly, please provide the information below to assist you better.

• Provide the Part Number (PN) from the bottom of your device

Thanks,

Hi. I just tried the remote with ipad camera and I see a red dot in the remote when i press any button.

Does this mean the z8 box is broken?

May parents have a z8 box aswell, so will go there and try my remote there and see...

Edited once, last by Boska ().

• Official Post

I see a red dot in the remote

The red dot you see may be the white LED shining through the front of the remote.

It is usually very easy to see the IR LED through the camera app. However, some phone cameras have an IR filter that makes it less obvious.

You could try to view your TV remote through your camera app to see what a normal IR LED looks like.

Below is an extreme example of what the IR LED should look like when viewed through the camera app.

The phone is an old Galaxy S7 and it has little to no IR filtering on the main camera.

https://streamable.com/874e1j

• Update: tried my z8 pro remote on my parents z8. No reaction. Even used the batteries from their remote. Nothing. White led flashes but nothing happenes. If I touch their box with the remote it reacts. But 1mm away dead. So remote is RIP.

• Official Post

If same problem exists without using IR Eye (extender), contact your seller and ask for RCU replace.