Problems with recording

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

I'm having problems with recording since I switched from my Z8 to the GTV.

For example: On channel x there is a show from 10:00 to 11:00 and then another one from 11:00 to 12:00 and I want to record both.

Most of the time only the first show is recorded or the recording stops in the middle of the show.

Or it doesn't start recording at all.

What have I done:

Changed USB stick, reformatted the USB stick (NTFS, one partition).

I have send in some log files and can give you the time they where send in including the ID. For those with access.

It's a really annoying issue because it's not reliable when it comes to recording.

Firmware: 10.0.15

IPTV: 10.0.16

• Model: GTV
    • Retail Box or Provider Box: Retail
    • Firmware version: 10.0.15
    • MYTVOnline 2 version: 10.0.16
    • Connection with provider: XC
    • Box connected with: Wifi

Edited once, last by AcidDemon (August 1, 2021 at 10:53 AM).

• Ok , understand. Did you recheck, with same login data how the Z8 react, does Z8 with same Provider and USB Stick records without issues?

• Last night my recording dropped again, as it did a month ago and I thought it was corrrected. I am also getting the "Exception Error" again. The recording is dropping at different times and sometimes not recording at all. I also have the Z8 and recorded the same program with no problems, but the GTV is not providing the same level of performance. I like the GTV, as it is a more powerful STB, and the quality is excellent, but this continual problem with recording is not making my watching enjoyable. Any other ideas. I once again, rebooted everything, including formating the usb and it continues to under perform with recording. Many thanks as always.

• Last night my recording dropped again, as it did a month ago and I thought it was corrrected. I am also getting the "Exception Error" again. The recording is dropping at different times and sometimes not recording at all. I also have the Z8 and recorded the same program with no problems, but the GTV is not providing the same level of performance. I like the GTV, as it is a more powerful STB, and the quality is excellent, but this continual problem with recording is not making my watching enjoyable. Any other ideas. I once again, rebooted everything, including formating the usb and it continues to under perform with recording. Many thanks as always.

Interesting to hear that someone else has a problem with recording. The Z8 recorded always very stable and I could be sure to get what I programmed. The GTV produces sometimes nothing, only half of the show or breaks up at any other position

• T.No is forwarded, only devs. check logfiles when they have time.

• I have done a factory reset on the device but the problem still exists.

Small recordings 30-60min are working fine but as soon as I want to record a longer series/movie I'm still having the problem.

For example: First show 2h and on the same channel directly the next show with 2h. Then I get (when I'm lucky) one recording with 2h length and the other with only a few minutes to 30mins.

• I am also seeing very similar issues with my GTV. Major issue is I can't record one chnl and watch another (exact same details on my Z8 works without any issues - I raised another post for this)

I also get this exact same issue you guys are speaking of. If i do record something from the guide, more times than not it doesn't actually record the entire recording.

On my Z8 ZERO issues.I have tried switching the drives out in case it was that, made zero difference

• Recordings don’t work over 1 hour.

Trying now to reproduce your issue, recording 3 hour file.

• Reproduced something similar and forwarded to devs.

• Is it possible to record VOD movies?

No, non of the current 3 protocols allow that.

• When setting mytvonline2 on a formuler GTV to record using EPG it starts with a message 'Alarm recording failed', records a few minutes and then stops. If I set it to record manually, IE hit record on a live program ,there is no error message, it records fine and turns off with the timer, so its only an issue with recording using EPG.

I've tried a factory reset, reformatted the drive as NTFS, and set a static IP (all recommended on this forum), as well as a different stream, but it's still happening. It also happens with the same box in a different location, different internet, cables, etc.

This doesn't happen with a Z8 on the same setup (location, internet, cables, etc.), so it seems to be an issue with the box.

Any suggestions? Thanks:smiling_face:

Edited 3 times, last by MrMagoo (September 12, 2021 at 3:32 PM).

• I am also seeing very similar issues with my GTV. Major issue is I can't record one chnl and watch another (exact same details on my Z8 works without any issues - I raised another post for this)

I also get this exact same issue you guys are speaking of. If i do record something from the guide, more times than not it doesn't actually record the entire recording.

On my Z8 ZERO issues.I have tried switching the drives out in case it was that, made zero difference

I haven't followed the thread (the past weeks). It's really interesting to finally see other people with the same problem. I hope it will be fixed soon because currently I can only rely on my Z8 for recordings.

Edited once, last by AcidDemon (September 15, 2021 at 1:29 PM).

• I'm having the same problem, I actually started a new thread on it but got no official response so I might as well join in here.

On a GTV when I record manually it works fine, however if I set a recording using EPG it might record properly, it might record 80% of the program or it might record 5%. A z8 works fine so it is something wrong with the GTV, but YouTube on the GTV connects so it's not the box dropping connection.

I tried: factory reset, all updates installed, static IP, changed HDMI and ethernet cable, reformatted USB as NTFS, changed USB drive, tried different IPTV source, used different router and internet connection in a different location - all to no avail.

I can only conclude it's an issue with mytvonline2 on GTV, and hope that Formuler 1) accept and admit that this issue exists and 2) fix it with a software update - soon.

I very much regret 'upgrading' from z8 to GTV and hope my money has not been wasted.

EDIT: having scrolled through the forum for a while I see many separate posts on the same issue, so either Formuler pay no attention to this forum, or they are aware of the recording problems and have decided not to publicly admit it.

The question is, are they working on a fix?

Edited once, last by MrMagoo (September 20, 2021 at 7:53 PM).

• Recording doesn't work on GTV. Other than that it's a great box.

If you need to record, stick to the Z8

Try it with your GTV

lease try to format your USB and try again.

• Home > Settings > Device Preferences > Storage > Select the USB > Erase & format as device storage > format > try it again.

And make sure that you set the recording storage location in the settings on MYTVOnline2.

• MYTVOnline2 > Menu > Settings > DVR Options > Recording Storage Location > Select your USB
  • Hi Bilstax,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried: factory reset, all updates installed, static IP, changed HDMI and ethernet cable, reformatted USB as NTFS, changed USB drive, tried different IPTV source, used different router and internet connection in a different location - all to no avail.

A z8 works fine so it is something wrong with the GTV, but YouTube on the GTV connects so it's not the box dropping connection.

I can only conclude it's an issue with mytvonline2 on GTV, and hope that Formuler 1) accept and admit that this issue exists and 2) fix it with a software update - soon.

As you can see, the issue is not that I don't understand how to use the box properly, it is that the GTV does not function correctly when scheduling recordings.

• hi.

a question.i have a formula gtv-box that has a bit of a hassle with timeshift and ongoing recordings, eg pauses but a program for 30 minutes and then to play it often jumps forward in type 10 min and the same when recording. I usually start recording hockey at the beginning of the match and then watch to catch up, but time can jump back and forth a bit as it pleases. Do you have any experience of that? grateful for all the help I can get

• MrMagoo

All your posts with same issue and content, in different and hijacked threads, moved now into this thread. Multiple postings with same content are deleted.

Please stop to post same content in different threads just to be sure someone read your post.

I ask you now to to read first the articles below, before continue with postings and creating new threads.

About the issue with scheduled recording:

You don`t need to take any advice or format with rufus if you don`t want. If your normal recording works fine than it`s ok and first formatting was successful. The advice to format with rufus is only suggested because some user windows installations and format with them, produce only rubbish. With such tool not. How ever each one can use what he like, others want only to help.

The reported scheduled recording issue from you and two other user was hear and because of this i`m trying to reproduce the issue since 3 weeks. When i was able to reproduce this several times (until now only 2 from 30 recordings) then i have enough material and infos + logs to give it to the devs. for check. Holidays, launch from new boxes and bugs on priority list can delay this, but we check it for sure. And... no one can give you any date for possible fix, if the devs. find something, they will fix it and deliver hotfix.

• Finally a response!

Hi Sam, if you've been trying to reproduce this issue for 3 weeks now here's a suggestion - respond to a customer (for example, me) to ask me to send in my logs when I encounter the issue. Standard practice for problem solving, right? I encounter this issue EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to record with a GTV, so i could provide you with lots of useful information.

For example, the seller I bought my GTV from agreed to replace it for me. I get the same problem with the new box. That's useful information right? Yet you say you are having difficulty reproducing it.

I am happy to help you solve your problem, and fix your faulty product, and I won't even charge you.

And there are more than 'two other users' with this issue. Check your forum again. I had to post multiple times in multiple threads because it is quite obvious you are aware of this bug and have made a decision not to admit it and not to reply to customers experiencing this bug.

I understand you have closed other threads because you don't want me to make other potential customers aware of the problem with your product. But instead of censoring the truths why not admit the issue, and fix it?

Must do better on customer service Sam.

Edited once, last by MrMagoo (September 25, 2021 at 12:17 PM).

• Postings like #25 and #32 don`t deserve any comment, seems you want to discuss and say loud how you are frustrated. You should really read the Forum rules, i will not say this again.

If you can reproduce it every single time, then why you don`t send the report each time after you encounter the issue? I don`t think you need any guidance from me to do that..

• Sam, did you try to record all programs via EPG? And was the box turned on at the time the record should have start?

My experience with the record functionality on the GTV is quite the opposite. I think that only 2 out of 30 recordings went ok unfortunately. Most of them are far from complete.

Please let me know if you need any further information to solve this bug any sooner.

• Sam, did you try to record all programs via EPG?

Of course, we speak in this thread only about scheduled recording.

And was the box turned on at the time the record should have start?

50/50 all combinations must be tested.

Please let me know if you need any further information to solve this bug any sooner.

Everyone in this thread who have such scheduled issue and want fix, should report the problem instantly through the box. Instantly because the log file collect bunch of data and check need very much time. The log file collects continuos data from the box.

Settings -> Device Preferences -> About -> Report a Problem.

Note the log # no and post in this thread + used Protocol (Stalker MAC ID, XC Api or m3u playlist), country. I need this data to forward to the devs.

I want really that this work for all of us and therefore i will again do record 30x and more in next time, also with other two providers to try to reproduce the issue several times.

Good thing would be also, someone with constant scheduled recording issue send the box to the devs. untouched (like it is) with active portal inside and get other GTV in replace. But this something that i can not expect from user and second Formuler must agree with the idea.

• Yes i was able this week to reproduce few failures, report goes on Monday to Formuler.

Strange is only, my first test with 30 recordings was top and now not so good. I tested only scheduled recording and going tomorrow into Holidays.

Could some of you please test today and tomorrow the manuel recording too and report here?