VPN Issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I believe there was another thread on this but it was closed, I have IPVanish VPN and have for years. Last few months on my GTV’s I’ll randomly get a black screen appear after watching a channel for a while. When it happens the guides and everything still work and probably 30 seconds later the feed comes back on. I’ve tried all kinds of different settings/locations/etc. but not much has seemed to help this issue. Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and found any type of solution or if the best bet is to try and do a factory reset? Connected through XC API Portal as well if needed.Thanks all for any help, it’s much appreciated!

• Also, I have some Z8’s as well and have not had the issue on those also using IPVanish. Kind of strange was just hoping maybe there was something else I could try besides possibly having to factory reset to see if that fixes the issue as set up takes a bit. Appreciate any recommendations, thanks all!

• If you have upgraded from android 7 to version 10, I would say to do a factory reset.

I did the upgrade from Android 9 to 10 on the GTV. I can’t remember if it was just after the last update or if it was from the original upgrade to Android 10. Maybe Ill hold off until the next update and see if it somehow sorts itself before factory resetting, was hoping someone maybe had some other ideas to try first. Thanks for the reply though, any ideas are appreciated.