Redirecting DLNA to serve content on USB drive instead of SDCARD

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello... yet again! I have enabled DLNA on my Z8 and can see the directory structure on the SDCARD just fine, but I would rather serve content from the external 1TB USB HDD than use the limited internal storage. I have tried to edit the dlna.ini file in /sdcard/dlna to "/media_rw/sda1", but it keeps reverting to "/sdcard", so that's not it. Any hints? Thanks for reading and any responses.

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

Formuler Z8, Onkyo TX-NR656, Samsung Q70A, Harmony One, Harmony 880

• 256GB of SDcard is the maximum supported size on formuler android based product.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know that, but I'm trying to use a mechanical HD that already works fine for recording and SMB. Maybe if I used a 250GB HDD DLNA would recognize it? Thanks again.

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

• There is No physicial limit with HDD . just there is partition and format file system limitation.

so follow the link belew.

How to format Micro SD card, USB flash drive, pen drive, hard drive or SSD for use with Z and S Boxes.

No, I think you misunderstand me. That's not the issue. The HDD is already formatted NTFS and works fine for recording and sharing over SMB. What I'm trying to do is serve content from the HDD via DLNA using the DLNA server in the Z8. Right now only the SDCARD file structure is visible to both the Z8 and DLNA clients. I think I need to change the DLNA mount point from /sdcard to /media_rw/sda1 but can't figure out how.

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur

• No, I think you misunderstand me. That's not the issue. The HDD is already formatted NTFS and works fine for recording and sharing over SMB. What I'm trying to do is serve content from the HDD via DLNA using the DLNA server in the Z8. Right now only the SDCARD file structure is visible to both the Z8 and DLNA clients. I think I need to change the DLNA mount point from /sdcard to /media_rw/sda1 but can't figure out how.

This is how i do it.

- Install Filecommander from market and select the Cloud .

- Install Nplayer 1.7.7.7 apk on Google signed-in device . (otherwise version are paid)

- Then install the DLNA server app on the device again. and allow video file permission.

Its how i do it using Cloud , so it could be applied to other compatibility.

• Thanks for the tip. I just wish there was a simple checkbox to select which source I wanted to use, since there is already a DLNA server built in. Thanks again.

Peder

Z8 Beginner/IPTV Amateur