BETA Software Update for Formuler Z10 Series devices - 10.10.21 Beta

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Audio is running out of sync after a while. When the video starts (Live TV or VOD) audio is in sync but as time progresses audio starts to run out of sync….

This Beta version has more bugs than the previous version….

I am regretting that I installed this Beta version…

Same happening to me. The juddering is awful! Hope this will be resolved soon or I may have to do a factory reset!

• Official Post

Are you able to test other Provider trial sub? Please take your time, test and report. Thx.

• Are you able to test other Provider trial sub? Please take your time, test and report. Thx.

Yes, will do a trial sub with another provider although the one I have is rock solid for multiple years now, never had any issues, until I upgraded from Z8 to this Z10. With the Z10 I only had the issue that with DD+ sound volume could only be controlled via the receiver and the sound was lagging the video, no pixelation artifacts issues at all, and only after the Beta update the video pixelation issues started and the sound is running out of sync after a while. Sound starts in sync but slowly moves out of sync.

Will report back coming week after the trial with another provider. Curious to see if that makes any difference. To be continued… :thumbs_up:

• Official Post

Reported was all forwarded to the devs. Audio sync is in most cases Provider or big inet. latency.

• My latency is sub 50ms, 25-40 on average…. And besides that it only started after using the Z10Pro Max… I have friends that live nearby using the Z8 with same IPTV provider and poorer internet QOS/latency without this issue…

I would like to see an option for a direct passthrough of the audio to my receiver, so I can circumvent the audiocodec of the Z10.

That way I can exclude any audio effects caused by the Z10 audio implementation.

Can that please be submitted as a RFC to development?

Thanks for your support.

• Connected the Z10 Pro Max directly to the TV instead of via the receiver, in order to see if this would make any difference to the out of sync issues for the sound. It did not.

Whatever LiveTV channel or VOD movie chosen, sound would start to run out of sync after some time (45 minutes). As soon as you change TV channel it resynchronizes, only to run out of sync again after some time.

In order to see if latency causes the pixelation artifacts I watched the internet latency over a period of 6 hours. I could not determine any correlation. Pixelation happens regardless of latency, it can happen at 20 ms, and be non existent at 270 ms.

Will try with another IPTV provider in the coming days.

• Using a totally different IPTV provider gives the same results: Pixelation artifacts and sound runs off sync after a while.

Z10 Pro Max box connected to TV directly or via receiver makes no difference.

Hope an update will bring a solution soon, otherwise I’ll be selling this box and going back to the Z8.

SAM, should you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

• I use high end HDMI 2.0b cables to connect my Z10 Pro Max to my receiver and TV.

Just to be sure the cables are not causing any issues I ordered Certified HDMI 2.1 48 Gbps cables. Will be interesting to see if these make any difference.

• Hello,

I have my box with the latest official build from Saturday and ever since,

at times, the replay failed after a couple of minutes and the only solution to get it working fine again is to uninstall and reinstall MYTVonline 2.

Do you think that the installation of this beta version might help ?

I have also an issue with the timeshift. After pausing the direct during 30-45 min (or so), everything is fine. But when I catch up on the direct ( moving forward when there are advertisements) and I’m close to it, it freezes and I cannot carry on playing it. If I move forward again, the play does nothing, I can rewind a bit to be able to play again but freezes again at some point.

Is it also known as a bug and potentially in the scope of this hotfix ?

I would be tempted by a factory reset, but having to reconfigure again all my favorites channels and group is a bit annoying 😒

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback !!

• No audio sync issues with livetv even after one hour of watching, using a m3u playlist. I’m not using vod so i can’t test this.

Tested with a cheap HDMI cable directly on my tv and also via a toslink OUT from my tv on my toslink IN receiver.

Using DSL 35 Mb/s

• similar for me,when watching VOD, video and sound runs off sync.Live tv and series seems to be ok. besides ,everywhere no fluid picture and sometimes pixelation. With the zx i had other problems, but never this...hopefully the update will fix those problems...

• No audio sync issues with livetv even after one hour of watching, using a m3u playlist. I’m not using vod so i can’t test this.

Tested with a cheap HDMI cable directly on my tv and also via a toslink OUT from my tv on my toslink IN receiver.

Using DSL 35 Mb/s

I am connected via stalker MAC address.

HDMI 2.1 cables made no difference.

Sound runs out of sync for Live TV and VOD but only after an extended period of time (noticeable only after 45 minutes or more) and only if you do not change channel or otherwise disrupt the active stream/LiveTV/VOD.

I have done everything to exclude a root cause other than the Z10 Pro Max box, and can therefore only come to the conclusion that it is the box/firmware that is causing the pixelation artifacts and the out of sync audio and disfunctional volume control for non PCM audio.

SAM when can we expect a new update that solves these issues?

• Pixelations artifacts are most manifest when watching HEVC content.

When watching regular HD content I notice hardly any pixelation.

Sound running out of sync is happening regardless of compression technology used.

• Updating Audio Optimizer from version 1.0.0 to 1.2.0 did not make any difference to the audio out of sync issues. Furthermore audio out of sync happens for both H.264 and H.265 compressed content, with Live TV as well as VOD.

After watching over 18 hours of H.264 compressed content (Live TV and VOD) I can confirm that the pixelation artifacts are not occuring with H.264 compressed content, only for H.265 compressed content.

• Also did the update. Now I have jittering on all streams/channels in MytvOnline2 and it knocked out one of my services, can't login, deleted the service and re-added it, still no luck, but can login on another device so service is confirmed and working. Other streaming apps appear to be ok. Haven't noticed if the screen blacking out is corrected yet, but hasn't happened since update. Don't seem to an issue with sound as others report. I'm having to send the box back shortly here to the dealer, I bought some time waiting for the update, technically it was beta, but not sure if I can extend it further. Note, this is the second box that is doing the same things. I'm going to have to set up the first one again because of the jittering. I will explain it to the dealer. But it needs to be correct very soon.