7.1 Audio

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to get sound on my home theater, for watching movies.

Set-up:

* TV to AV Receiver HDMI ARC Port.

* TV HDMI Port 2 - Z10 Pro

This set-up works perfectly for Firestick and other devices before. Just upgraded to IPTV using Z10 Pro.

Tried:

* Installed Audio Optimizer V1.2.1 and restarted device.

* On the settings menu/device preferences/sound: under select formats I have selected Auto.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• The issue seems to be that the device does not have the appropriate codecs. I do get sound out of the center channel but nothing from the rest of them.

• Hi.

I have a GTV, and had the exact same issue. Before I bought the GTV I already had a 7.1.2 Atmos receiver and speakers to match it. Plus I have a LG Oled TV ( which supports both Dolby Atmos & Vision, and al that. I also had a Xbox One ( and still do), so I already knew that my system could and would handle anything the GTV tried to send to it. HOWEVER! No matter what I did and tried with the GTV, it just wouldn't send the audio in passthrough, either to the receiver nor the TV. Nothing would function, in regards to the 7.1/ Master Audio signal, and same as you, I asked and retried anything I would be told would work, from all the amazingly helpful and very patient people in here. But I actually figured it out, eventually.. It wasn't until I get the Plex app installed and configured, that the solution, which still works flawlessly to this day, presented it self.

And here it is, in all its simplicity.

When I activated the AUDIO PASSTHROUGH feature in the Settings in the Plex app on the GTV, and activated and enabled the passthrough feature ON THE ENTIRE SYSTEM! Nothing else will get it activated on the box, nothing.

But this will, and it still does today.

Hope it may be able to do the same for you, even though its a different and a newer Box, but do yourself a little favour, and try it.

Best of luck.

Greetings from :flag_Denmark: to you all.

Kind regards and remember that a smile nearly always starts with another. :mouth: :winking_face:

H.