Z11 and Mol3 Bug and issue reports

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• In this thread post found bugs or issues with your z11 Box. 

Important: 

- Post always your Protocol ( Stalker with MAC/ID Portal, XC Api Portal or M3U Playlist). In case of using more subs. please point always to used protocol and how much subs are active. Thank you.

• User: FrankieV

Very happy until now with the Z11 :).

I have one small problem, maybe a setting, maybe a bug?

?thumbnail=1?thumbnail=1

With the "guide" button the EPG is 2 hours behind. With the "info" button and then >EPG, the EPG is ok.

So two ways to show EPG, different result.

EPG offset in connection settings is : none

If i put this on -2, the "guide" button EPG is ok, but the other one two hours wrong.

Time zone is on GMT +2 Amsterdam, as it should be. Is there a setting i do not know of?

Frank

----------

One other problem i found and that's definitely not nice. If i watch iptv and switch to VOD, play a movie, stop playing and go back to the index, then switch back to iptv, the audio makes a short loud "switching" sound through my speakers. Box is connected with HDMI to my denon receiver. The audio is set to surround sound.

One other thing is when i do the above, when i go back to Live tv, iptv picture does look very strange. A lot of skipping picture. What i need to do to fix this is turn VOD auto frame rate off and the on again. Than picture is ok again.

Settings:

Live auto frame rate is off

VOD auto frame rate is on

TV series auto frame rate is on

So it looks like switching from VOD where auto frame rate is on to Live tv, where auto frame rate is off doesn't work well on my device.

Switched all the auto frame rate settings off now. This solves not the audio problem.

Frank

• FrankieV

Thx, for reporting. Could you please tell me which protocol is in use? Will try asap to reproduce and come back to you.

• I have the z11 pro max and i have a problem with the epg its not showing and if it shows its on half of the channels when i do refresh EPG is totally gone but when i press right button on a channel then it shows wich program its playing also wrong there is alot of glitches on the box

• I have the z11 pro max and i have a problem with the epg its not showing and if it shows its on half of the channels when i do refresh EPG is totally gone but when i press right button on a channel then it shows wich program its playing also wrong there is alot of glitches on the box

Set correct offset time GMT+-, very important for Stalker MAC/ID protocol and EPG on it.

I think you mean Content Manager > Content sources > the Xtream code.

Als switching the box on and live tv starts playing makes a short sound in the speakers which shouldn't be there.

Yes it is XC Api Portal then.

Als switching the box on and live tv starts playing makes a short sound in the speakers which shouldn't be there.

This happens with AFR on. Would for now turn it off.

It is set to +2 Amsterdam im from Holland what am i doing wrong here i checked everything

Try with Data sync and Refresh contents (Content Manager).

Sam, i already did that. didn't help.

Please make Video + Audio from issue and upload to streamable.com.

• Sam, i uploaded an audio file renamed to jpg. If possible, download and rename to mp3. First bit you hear is the vod movie then silent going back to live tv. Picture of live tv is already present, then this "switching" sound (at about 28 sec) in the speakers and normal playback starts. This is not always. You can do this 3 times and nothing will happen and the 3 times in a row. So it is random. Sound is a bit different than reality. Sorry for that.

• Please make Video + Audio when you have time, is for the devs. Thank you

• Thx, for the video. You mean this click? does it come from TV, AVR or Soundbar?

• Hi,SAM,i just set up my Z11promax,i am on XC connection,went to mol3 ,added Portal filled in URL,username and password and went to connect.

on screen it says connect failed,check Portal URL,server returned HTTP404,code :1005-400

What is wrong, i checked data twice and do not see any type errors?

• This is the issue, any ideia?

https://streamable.com/idlj9c

Using m3u, portal or login required.

Already tryied external vod like vlc ou mx

They work in any other box like z8 or z10

Check private messages and send logs right after the issue reappears following the next instructions: How to send logs.
    Let me know the log tracking number through PM

• Hi,SAM,i just set up my Z11promax,i am on XC connection,went to mol3 ,added Portal filled in URL,username and password and went to connect.

on screen it says connect failed,check Portal URL,server returned HTTP404,code :1005-400

What is wrong, i checked data twice and do not see any type errors?

Does the portal work on Z10? If the credentials are absolutely correct and they work on Z10s, shoot me a pm with the necessary information. You know what we need.

• I really hope it is software related. :frowning_face: And not some bad capicitors or something.

Don't forget my first question about the two hours time shift in the two different EPG screens.

1. Different results in two EPG types - How many portals and what type of connection is/are your portals? MAC Stalker or XCI? Check it Menu > Content Manager > Content sources.

2. Switching sound - Does the click sound when switching from VOD to Live happen everytime? Connect your box directly to your TV and check if it happens again.

3. Skipping pictures switching to Live TV - Check the channel fps by clicking Info button on your remote twice. Does the issue happen everytime with the same AFR settings?

Turn all AFRs off and see if the skipping picture issue remains. Turn off the VOD AFR and repeat the previous steps and see if the skipping issue remains. daisy

• 1. Different results in two EPG types - How many portals and what type of connection is/are your portals? MAC Stalker or XCI? Check it Menu > Content Manager > Content sources.

2. Switching sound - Does the click sound when switching from VOD to Live happen everytime? Connect your box directly to your TV and check if it happens again.

3. Skipping pictures switching to Live TV - Check the channel fps by clicking Info button on your remote twice. Does the issue happen everytime with the same AFR settings?

Turn all AFRs off and see if the skipping picture issue remains. Turn off the VOD AFR and repeat the previous steps and see if the skipping issue remains. daisy

1. Used to have Mac stalker, but that didn't work. None of the TV channels worked. (http 401 errors) They changed me over to XCI, by making a second portal. After this we deleted the MAC Stalker portal. The XCI is working fine now. Better as the MAC stalker on my previous Z10. So now only one- Portal active, but maybe leftovers of the previous portal?
    2. No, it does not happen every time. It's random. But it can happen multiple times in a row. It's build in completely in a cabinet, that makes it complicated. But to tell you for sure, it's not the receiver or any other component or device. My Z10 didn't do that, and no other device in the past. I can set the receiver in standby pass thru mode an check. I will come back on this.
    3. Did this test already. If AFR's are off, no problem occurs. And yes, if VOD AFR is on and live tv AFR is off, this problem occurs every time.- For information, i was playing (vod) an HDR10+ movie. But i will test again and check the fps info.
  • Does the portal work on Z10? If the credentials are absolutely correct and they work on Z10s, shoot me a pm with the necessary information. You know what we need.

The portal does work on the Z10,i checked data over and over,the z 11 contents manager reads; unknown portal,errors.I dont know what you need in a pm?

• Some more tests :

1. EPG : In content manager i cleared and updated the EPG. "Guide" button EPG is still two hous early, and, lets call it "info" button EPG is ok.
    2. AFR test. Switch VOD AFR on and do not change Series and Live TV, keep them off. Play a vod and go back to Live TV > Picture quality is realy bad. Like frame skipping. Press info button twice gives no FPS info in top line next to cc. As it should be because Live TV AFR is off. Switching VOD AFR off fixes the problem.
    3. "plopping" or "switching" sound is still there. I also get it when i have a problem which you can see on the attached video. A have an error called: Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError. If black screen is there an swap to other channel, the plop/sound occurs. Not always. 50% of the time. It also happens sometimes when i restart the Z11 and Live TV picture starts. If i test with bypass receiver, so ARC off, receiver off and sound thru TV speakers, i can not reproduce the problem. I checked audio settings aswell and its set to surround. See streamable.com attachement. It sounds a bit different than reality. Please tell me, is it a bug or do i have a bad device and it should be replaced?
    4. Why Dolby TrueHD is not recognized as a valid format?
    5. Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError. What is this exactly? Provider related or box related? My Z10 had the same.
    20221028_130338
    streamable.com

formuler-support.tv/attachment/3189/

• In the end I contacted my provider and asked, if I could go back on Stalker MAC ID connection ,and it works.I am wondering if there can be made some sort of guidelines for the use of live tv (like channel history with the z10 pro) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• I want to give an update about point 3.

After changing the audio setting of the box back to default, None the audio error doen not occur!

When i change it back to Automatic, what it should be for using all audio formats, the audio error pops up again.

How did i test :

• Put audio on Automatic and watch livetv. Then toggle with the back <-- button from a black Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError screen to a working channel. Within 3 toggles the audio noise pops up.
    • Put audio on None, so just stereo i assume, and watch livetv. Then toggle with the back <-- button from a black Try again later, an error occured : unexpectedLoaderError screen to a working channel. Can toggle 20 times, no audio error occurs!
    • When i put it back on automatic, the audio error is there within 2 toggles.

Something goes wrong when switching the channels from Stereo to Dolby Digital or vise versa. When switching from DD to DD it's not a problem. So it looks like the switching from audio formats is not handled well for some reason. For me this is a serious problem and i hope you can do something about this soon?

Edited 4 times, last by FrankieV (October 28, 2022 at 4:07 PM).

• I have a problem,out of the blue my z11promax is stuck on the homepage and doesnt react to my remote control(infrared)

I cant start YT ,nor can i navigate to mol3.I think i had wifi network disturbance,as my computer was also offline,i pulledd the plug on my router,connected it again.reset the router but this didnt help matters.

Does anyone have any suggestions to unstuck my box?

Edited once, last by henkie: POST SHOULD BE MOVED TO THREAD Z11 AND MOL3 BUG OR ISSUES (October 28, 2022 at 6:34 PM).

• The issue has resolved itself,by replacing the batteries and repeatedly resetting the router

• With the z10pro you can make mol2 the startup app,how do i do this with the z11promax,so that mol3 is the start up app?

• Something goes wrong when switching the channels from Stereo to Dolby Digital or vise versa. When switching from DD to DD it's not a problem. So it looks like the switching from audio formats is not handled well for some reason. For me this is a serious problem and i hope you can do something about this soon?

Thisxproblem is also on z10 pro max,very annoying that formuler people dont look at this issue.

• Hi,IB,i am also on mac id and it took me some while to get it right.As far as I remember you need to go to mol3 menu, from there on go to content manager, click on content sources,navigate to Edit,click on edit,scroll to EPG offset and adjust in steps of 30 minutes or more untill you got it right, for example the midnight journal,scroll down further and click on update,this should get you on track.

• Hi,IB,i am also on mac id and it took me some while to get it right.As far as I remember you need to go to mol3 menu, from there on go to content manager, click on content sources,navigate to Edit,click on edit,scroll to EPG offset and adjust in steps of 30 minutes or more untill you got it right, for example the midnight journal,scroll down further and click on update,this should get you on track.

I hope they fix this soon because i didnt had this issue with my z10.i will try what you say but the problem is my whole EPG disappears and when i refresh EPG it doesnt come back in 2 hours or so.

• Something goes wrong when switching the channels from Stereo to Dolby Digital or vise versa. When switching from DD to DD it's not a problem. So it looks like the switching from audio formats is not handled well for some reason. For me this is a serious problem and i hope you can do something about this soon?

Thisxproblem is also on z10 pro max,very annoying that formuler people dont look at this issue.

I didn't have this on my Z10 pro max. It's an annoying problem and i can not live with it for long!