Formuler Z10 vs Amiko HIS-1000

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello. I am new to this forum and have been working on iptv at my house for a few months now.

I own 2 smart top boxes and those are the Amiko HIS-1000 (I have it in the living room) and the Formuler Z10 (in the bedroom). I chose a Linux box in the living room because I have a smart TV there and don't need any other apps on the set top box.

A few months ago I bought a new TV. An LG OLED 65 inch TV.

Now last weekend we wanted to exchange both boxes because it is easier to record with a Formuler Z10. However, we ran into a problem.

The Amiko gives much brighter colors and a sharper image than the Formuler. The formuler gives a very dark image and if I change the settings the image just gets bad. It's like I'm looking at a very bad resolution then.

Still weird? The Formuler seems to me to be a qualitatively better receiver than the Amiko. It is also a lot more expensive. Why can my image quality be so much worse with the Formuler?

Thank you very much for any responses.

• Official Post

You should compare playback of the same media when making the comparison.

I recommend the "COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR" test video in Youtube.

Did you use the same HDMI port when comparing the two devices?

Maybe the PQ settings for each HDMI port is configured differently on your TV.

You can also check the HDR settings on your Formuler. It is located in the Android Display settings.

• What settings should I change? The Formuler automatically adjusts itself to my TV and automatically sets the resolution to 4K. Regarding settings, I have tried to change the brightness and contrast, which only makes the image brighter, but also worse in quality. Which HDMI port I use makes no difference. Every other device that I connect to HDMI or when I use the smart TV's apps give a sparkling and clear image. Just not the Formuler.

• I tried. Factory reset and then after reboot on Youtube tested the video of Costa Rica 4K 60. On Youtube the image was perfect. But I can't get the TV images sharp. Tried both with Tvonline2 and with Smarters IPTV. Both same problem. The image is a bit snowy. I would say that it is not my IPTV provider because the TV image on the Amiko-HIS1000 is super tight. What else can I try to get that same tight image on the Formuler Z10?

• Official Post

Turn off adaptive HDR (settings) and test again to see if the image looks better for you.

• U need to set both boxs at 1080p,ycb444 8it/turn of adaptive hdr/open utube and select the same video on both boxs,switch inputs between both to compare pq,make sure you lg oled have same picture settings on both hdmi inputs,compare,there shouldn't be really much diffrence as ur lg oled is doing the upscaling

• The Formuler Z11 Pro Max has now been purchased for the living room. The Z10 serves in the bedroom. Good picture on both TVs. Only it remains strange that the Z10 did not want to function well in the living room.

• The Formuler Z11 Pro Max has now been purchased for the living room. The Z10 serves in the bedroom. Good picture on both TVs. Only it remains strange that the Z10 did not want to function well in the living room.

I never had any of these issues with the z10 connected to my lg oled,never set ur box to 4k as that mean it will do all the upscaling and will result in a much worse picture,uve got a good tv which has a much higher quality upscaler builtin