Dolby Digital / AC3

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • AC3 is possible already and for Dolby Digital i can`t give you at moment any info. Did you installed third part audio codecs trough Addon Linker?

• I have the turbo s connected to a home cinema and when watching channels with 5.1 sound pauses a lot
    move the problem to formulate so that future updates can be solved
    Thank you

• Today i tested AC3 DVB 2.0 -5.1 passtrough to AV receiver and it works very good.
    Streaming of Videos with higher DTS, Tru HD etc. from NAS to S Turbo and Audio passtrough (RAW) to AV Receiver, 5.1 and 7.1 works. For compare i used also my htpc Mediaplayer with latest Kodi and same [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] like on S Turbo, each video sound same on AV receiver with both devices.

I don't really understand where the problem is? First i was thinking about some spec. use of DD in other form, so i didn't wanted to say something wrong. If some Channel transmit DD/AC3 as Audio track then this should be also shown (Yellow Button).

[lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] DVB:

• Yellow Button on RCU and chose Auto or AC3 for for Audio track.

[lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] Android:
    If your AV Receiver has HDMI inputs and supports 7.1 channel DTS-HD MA and TrueHD then chose:

• HDMI Output: RAW
    • SPDIF Output: Close
    • HBR Degrade Output: RAW 7.1

With those [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] your AV Receiver will be receiving the raw (untouched) audio stream. DTS, TrueHD and else.
    LPCM is not untouched, it is HD-Audio processed by the S Turbo and then passed according to the LPCM (HDMI / DVD) standard. You'll need a receiver capable of decoding LPCM signal from HDMI.
    Raw in the context of the S Turbo [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] is HD-Audio passed in it's original form. You'll need a receiver capable of decoding the stream to play it.
    Raw is better for people with DTS-HD MA / TrueHD receivers because these receivers will decode the stream in higher quality.