F3 hangs on boot

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I had openPLI 6.0 on my Formuler F3 and yesterday I did update via GUI. After update device won't boot. It shows "Boot" on LCD screen plus green dot. The worst thing that I'm unable to flash even from USB. Tried different USB sticks and different versions but it seems that USB stick is not detected or system hangs on bootloader.

Could you be so kind to advise how to solve such issue.

Thank you in advance!

• Format USB stick in FAT32
    Maybe try other images
    These nightly images are untested and may be faulty

Viele Grüße / Best regards

anmado :smiling_face:

Bitte keine Fragen per PN, Fragen gehören ins Forum

Image: openNFR 6.3 mit Blue Line OCT 4NFR FHD Skin @Stein17
    Hotbird 13, Astra 19,2 und 28,2

• Official Post

Online updates can sometimes be faulty, only one data incorrect and the system want work. Take older USB Stick 4gb or so, format this with Fat32 (standard not quick format!), copy image on it, rename the file "noforce" to "force", plug in, disconnect ac power and start the box. If Usb Stick recognised the update will start automatic, after install and before first reboot you need quick pull out the USB Stick, otherwise the Box will install again.

• Thank you for the replies!

I've tried with factory image and "force" without success. This USB stick was used to flash current box and F1 so it works for sure. Is there any option to recover box via RS232?

Update: on screen message don't change. It shows only "boot" and green indicator

• Solved by installing modified bootloader and flashing new image afterwards. As I was unable to find original bootloader it would be greatfull if someone can provide download link for original one because modified boot loader is still in beta.

• Thanks for the feedback and notice

Viele Grüße / Best regards

anmado :smiling_face:

Bitte keine Fragen per PN, Fragen gehören ins Forum

Image: openNFR 6.3 mit Blue Line OCT 4NFR FHD Skin @Stein17
    Hotbird 13, Astra 19,2 und 28,2