Posts by ibrahim

My test feedback:

Dolby 5.1 ok

DTS 5.1 ok

DTS 7.1 ok

EAC3 7.1 ok

True HD 7.1 no sound comes out, maybe because of the codecs ?

ACC 7.1 sound but in 2.0

ACC 5.1 sound but 2.0

So to summarize my z8 bug on truehd and ACC I imagine so it's a codec problem and not hardware, no?

Hello everyone,

Yes I had already installed "Audio optimizer"!

I tried your tips but it didn't change anything, By doing several tests I found the problem,

Maybe SAM you can take the information back to your team in a next update!

When the movie is from the source in 7.1, the Z8 does not transform the signal to 5.1 so that my SPDIF can accept the signal, (RAW or LCPM)

A film in Dolby 5.1 goes very well, but as soon as the signal is in 7.1 it is not possible the sound I receive is in 2.0,

The ideal is to make an option for user who switch to SPDIF to transform a signal from 7.1 to 5.1 ! (I don't know if technically it's possible).

I thought that the HDBR DEGRAD option could do it (I had put it in 5.1) but unfortunately, it didn't change anything!

Can we hope for a change in the next update ?!

Hello all,

I have a small problem, I have a Herman Kardon AVR151S amplifier and a Z8,

The connection is:

VIDEO :

Z8-HDMI-TV

His :

Z8-SPDIF-Amplifier

When I want to watch a movie on my VOD on *****, the sound is sent in Dolby 7.1, but my amplifier only detects 2.0, I looked at the old posts to try to find the solution but it didn't help,

I put the HDMI sound in RAW and the SPDIF in RAW the sound is still in 2.0,

I put AUTO in HDMI and RAW in SPDIF same concerns,

I put LPCM in HDMI and RAW in SPDIF same concerns,

I put LPCM in HDMI and LPCM in SPDIF same concerns,

Of course I restarted my Z8 every time

I don't know if it's a bug with my Z8,

When I switch to HDMI for sound and video (i.e. the connection is: Z8 --->HDMI(AUDIO+VIDEO)---> Amplifier ---> TV), I don't have this problem, my dolby detects 3/4 / 1.48 MHZ MULTI CH PCM,

But for practical reasons I would like to have the sound in SPDIF and the VIDEO connected directly to my TV directly.

If anyone could help me it would be awesome

Some people have told me to update the audio codecs on my Z8, but I don't see a topic on it, I don't know if it's possible

Many hks,