Posts by BegisLee

If you share such infos with us, then tell us what exactly was poor? IPTV is IPTV, streamed content is like it is, the box can not deliver something what is not present. Overall picture quality and improving to get best eye feeling is from user to user very different. Some like in advance options to set SDR and not HDR, others something else and some never discovered that the box have (holding vformat 2 sec.) Display Mode and Imprex Engine to set the picture quality like they want. Standard settings are not always best solution for all and need to be changed if the picture quality doesn`t fit.

I just found the resolution looked lower than the other two devices when comparing the same content. General eye feeling also, as you mention. Mind you I am comparing it to two devices that have better video cards than the Z8. That being said I am quite discerning (picky? <grin>) when it comes to the video. Are those setting you mention actually within the Z8 settings?

I agree that that the lack of recording is a deal breaker for me. I just bought it and was about to order 2 more when. I realized I forgot to test recording. I will hold off until I see the update. Otherwise my other box records.

I was excited to get my Z8. I tried to like it but ended up returning it. I was fine with waiting for them to release the recording features, but in the end, the picture quality was very poor compared to the Shield or the built in Sony TV Android TV that I was using. That was the deal breaker for me. It is a shame because the Z8 is head and shoulders above anything else when it comes to IPTV functionality, especially the software.

Thanks for the information seanns32. Also, I just received a reply back from Formuler support a moment ago - "Scheduled recording on Z8 is a known feature that we are currently working on for the update. We apologize for your inconvenience and will provide this feature asap".

Hi All. So, have we determined all record functionality in the Formuler Z8 is missing except recording the channel one is watching? I recently bought a Z8 and that was the case, although the company that sold it to me said they could record programs in the future via the EPG. Thanks in advance.