Yet another problem...

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Arrrrrghhh yet another inexplicable fault with the z7+. It's becoming commonplace to ask how to stop these boxes messing up... I just want to watch the damn tv. Ok so anyone know why my box won't get past the whirly rings screen from "off" I know we are waiting on the update to rid the standby issue so I have set mine to power off for now but as of Friday it has started to stick on the whirly rings screen and only 2 cable pulls seem to get past it. Has anyone ideas because a 5th factory reset inside 2 months is taking the proverbial. I can see the old minix making a return .

• Official Post

Hi,

I understand your frustration.
    I know it is not any consolation, but we have sold many of these devices worldwide and your booting issue, while not unique, has only been reported in very small numbers (I can count the number of cases on two hands).

Unfortunately, since this is not a widely reported issue, our engineers while aware of the problem, have little to no debugging data to work with.

Can you provide the following info to help with debugging?

Does the box get stuck at the whirly rings 100% of the time after waking up from OFF mode?
    Next time it happens, can you provide a short video?

After you factory reset the box, does the issue still persist?
    In other words, in bone stock configuration, if you put the box in "OFF" mode, does it get stuck at the whirly rings when turning it back ON?

Which apps have you installed on your box?
    Have you tried installing apps one by one and testing the OFF/ON function?
    It is possible that an installed app is the source of the issue.

How many MYTVOnline portals are you using?

If you can perform these process of elimination steps for us, it will be helpful in targeting the source of the issue.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi,

"Does the box get stuck at the whirly rings 100% of the time after waking up from OFF mode?Next time it happens, can you provide a short video?"
    As of Saturday just gone, yes. And tried software and factory reboot.

"Which apps have you installed on your box?"
    Other than MTVOL, Terrarium 1.9.4, youtube and speedtest.

"How many MYTVOnline portals are you using?"
    2 are active but only use 1

• I am having the same problem. Honestly, this is ridiculous.

I have the the same problem. This works for me: while on the wingly thing ,I press the power button for 1-2 seconds and z7+ goes to the home screen almost instantly (after checking for updates, of course)