Is the Z7+ worth the pain

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi

I'm just about to either take the plunge with the Z+ or the Z7+, I see a lot of pain from you guys on the Z7+. For what I want it for (watching Tv and the wife being able to use it) should I just go for the Z+?

Apparently the Z+ runs a treat, although its running 4.4 I would only want to put Terrarium and use YouTube on it

Oh and as I'm UK based I may need to use a VPN at some point.

Thanks guys

• Hi

I own a Z7+ and am happy with it. I use it as a multimedia hub for local and internet streaming. There will always be some bugs in any firmware/os/app(s) but there are regular updates. It's down to personal choice and only you can decide that.

Personally android 4.4 i consider too old now and would not use it myself, the 1GB ram is rather low to for my liking, HDMI 1.4 personally i would not want anything less than HDMI 2.0 now specially if you want 4K 10bit. but again my needs are different to yours.

I have not owned a Z+ so cannot comment on it, i'm sure it would be suitable for your needs but even if i was only using for same reason as you i would still choose the Z7+ over the Z+. I do like to future proof for at least a few years to hence i would choose Z7+ over Z+

Hope this helps.

• Hi

I'm just about to either take the plunge with the Z+ or the Z7+, I see a lot of pain from you guys on the Z7+. For what I want it for (watching Tv and the wife being able to use it) should I just go for the Z+?

Apparently the Z+ runs a treat, although its running 4.4 I would only want to put Terrarium and use YouTube on it

Oh and as I'm UK based I may need to use a VPN at some point.

Thanks guys

Get the Z7+.
    You will have the updated android, very easy to use and so far, I know anytime there has been an update it was easy to download.
    My hubby and I just cut the cord 2 months ago and we have found it very easy to use.

• I've had mine for a while now and, whilst it's a good box, I have found there to be lots of issues when trying to get things like Amazon Prime Video or Netflix to function properly, so much so that I question what purpose having the android functionality is. MYTV Online works perfectly, so if I were to go back now, I'd probably buy a Formuler Z Nano and a Fire Stick to give me the functionality I want from everything.

• The box is limited to 100mb/s as that's all the ethernet port is rated for. Do you have a need for more than that? There is an adapter that can be purchased to get up to gigabit speeds but I have yet to understand the need for it.

Because I use vpn on a 100mb/s box i get 24mb/s but with a giga bite I can get 65-85mb/s on vpn

• Hi

I’ve just installed my new z7+ box and it’s looks good but I’m having a problem with the picture and and sound being slightly out of sync on all channels from my IPTV service

I’ve tried it on Wi-fi and Ethernet cable and it’s the same , I have speeds of 65-72

Please could you advise on what I need to do

Many thanks

• My experience is that the Z7+ is still a bit buggy. I would wait for Formuler to release a stable box with Android TV OS instead of Android phone OS.

My experience is that all new product aren't stable at first... so you will get a buggy box whatever they launch next lol

• Hi

I’ve just installed my new z7+ box and it’s looks good but I’m having a problem with the picture and and sound being slightly out of sync on all channels from my IPTV service

I’ve tried it on Wi-fi and Ethernet cable and it’s the same , I have speeds of 65-72

Please could you advise on what I need to do

Many thanks

what’s your setup? ie how is everything wired together (TV, receiver, formuler box, type of cables, etc).

• My experience is that the Z7+ is still a bit buggy. I would wait for Formuler to release a stable box with Android TV OS instead of Android phone OS.

I think there’s a reason this is unlikely to happen. There’s what, ~2 boxes out there that run android TV OS ? Shield and MiBox? There’s gotta be a reason all these ‘android boxes’ run the phone OS, and I’m sure it’s a good one (I just don’t know what it is!)

• I think there’s a reason this is unlikely to happen. There’s what, ~2 boxes out there that run android TV OS ? Shield and MiBox? There’s gotta be a reason all these ‘android boxes’ run the phone OS, and I’m sure it’s a good one (I just don’t know what it is!)

I believe there are significant license requirements (and fees!) for Android TV in comparison to vanilla Android.

I could be wrong on this, tho'!